Turn on thread page Beta

Problem with disruptive downstairs neighbour watch

ReputationRep:
    Last night i was spitting in the bin in my bedroom because i have a cold. It was that loud kind of throat-clearing spitting where someone clears their throat and then spits out the phlegm/mucus.

The window was open and so was the woman's downstairs and because i had made that sound a few times the woman, out loud, copied me (making the sound) because she was annoyed. So i shut the window. This was just before bedtime.

I woke up at 5am and (there are 5 flats in this building), then picked up a broom and started banging the floor really hard with the handle end to show her how i felt about her rude behaviour. It made so much noise and she woke up and started banging on my door!

I shouted through the letter box that she should stop harassing me or i'd report her to the landlord so she said "right!" and stormed back into her flat. This was literally 2 and a half hours ago and I dont know what's going to happen next. What should i do?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Springwort)
    Last night i was spitting in the bin in my bedroom because i have a cold. It was that loud kind of throat-clearing spitting where someone clears their throat and then spits out the phlegm/mucus.

The window was open and so was the woman's downstairs and because i had made that sound a few times the woman, out loud, copied me (making the sound) because she was annoyed. So i shut the window. This was just before bedtime.

I woke up at 5am and (there are 5 flats in this building), then picked up a broom and started banging the floor really hard with the handle end to show her how i felt about her rude behaviour. It made so much noise and she woke up and started banging on my door!

I shouted through the letter box that she should stop harassing me or i'd report her to the landlord so she said "right!" and stormed back into her flat. This was literally 2 and a half hours ago and I dont know what's going to happen next. What should i do?
    Why did you wake her up at 5am? Because she did exactly the same thing as you the night before? If that's the case, it sounds like you're in the wrong. She had every right to then come up to your flat, knock on the door, and ask you to cut it out. She's not harassing you. It doesn't sound like you have anything to report her for at this point, unless you've left a big chunk of the story out. Just move on, or apologise and try to make friends. It's worth at least trying to get on with your neighbours.

ReputationRep:
    I'm inclined to agree with chelseagg3r - two wrongs don't make a right

Should have just ignored the cow for copying you
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    So you woke up at 5am and decided to start banging loudly on her floor, yep thats a normal response.
    You are going to complain to the LL?

Pinch of salt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Springwort)

I smell troll

ReputationRep:
    You've got paranoia. That's all what it is lol

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.