The Student Room Group

5 A-levels

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vl7d
Are you sure you want to study OTHER languages already?

yeah- i have been studying french and spanish for the past 3 years and really enjoy them. I am doing them for GCSE
Reply 21
Original post by glassanimal
yeah- i have been studying french and spanish for the past 3 years and really enjoy them. I am doing them for GCSE

Are you a native English speaker? Look at my last post again and click 'see more' of the thing I quoted.
Original post by Vl7d
Are you a native English speaker? Look at my last post again and click 'see more' of the thing I quoted.

I am pritty sure, thank you. Apparantly spelling is my weak point however your personality is yours.
maths isn't a compulsory subject for medicine, so you could do one of the languages instead of that. ask some other sixth forms/colleges - needing 12 8s to study 4 a levels is ridiculous as a lot of people don't even study 12 gcses. i wouldn't recommend doing 5 a levels though, i'm doing 3 right now and that's enough...
Reply 24
I am pritty sure, thank you. Apparantly spelling is my weak point however your personality is yours.

Awkward
Original post by lostintrnslation
maths isn't a compulsory subject for medicine, so you could do one of the languages instead of that. ask some other sixth forms/colleges - needing 12 8s to study 4 a levels is ridiculous as a lot of people don't even study 12 gcses. i wouldn't recommend doing 5 a levels though, i'm doing 3 right now and that's enough...

Do you think it would be worth just doing maths to AS then??
Original post by Vl7d
Awkward

Awkkward ppeerrssoonnaalliittyy
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
level 8/9's

You should cope with a 4a level curriculum. Any 6th form that requires 12 A* to do 4 a levels is ridiculous. I don't think my school required that.
Do you think it would be worth just doing maths to AS then??

not really because as levels don't count for anything anymore
Awkkward ppeerrssoonnaalliittyy
]Awkkward ppeerrssoonnaalliittyy[
Reply 30
]Awkkward ppeerrssoonnaalliittyy[

I can assure you being able to spell correctly doesn't mean I have an awkward personality.
I want to adventually study medicine however I really enjoy studying languages

So, study bio, chem, and 2 languages.

If they won't let you do 4 then do bio, chem and 1 language, and pick up one in your own time.

Was that rocket science or something?

I cannot learn languages out side school- my familly have no money- we cannot go abroad
Also i live in a very small town where there are nothing like language classes

:facepalm:

Its the 21st century. There is this thing called the internet, which offers many many free language courses.

May I recommend Duolinguo and Harvard's online stuff

Quick Reply

Latest