Turn on thread page Beta

I have attached my answer below

(Original post by JackT2000)
    Here is my answer
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf IMG_20161025_0001.pdf (521.1 KB, 87 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackT2000)
    Im no examiner but I guess 3/6, you talked about inputs with examples but only gave example of outputs for the computer. You didn't mention anything about storage which it asks in the question.

I don't think talking about the CPU is relevant to what the question is asking unless it is convenient to mention in an example.

To get 6/6 I think you should mention a similarity and give an example for each system (console and computer)

I personally think the question assessing you on the quality of written communication is ridiculous even if you had terrible grammar but gave examples of each (input, output, storage) I would give you 2 marks for each but that's just my opinion you would have to follow the syllabus .

ReputationRep:
    I would likely give a 3/6, without seeing the markscheme.

You only really have 1 point that is properly developed (2 marks) The reference to the CPU and RAM doesn't really relate to the question, so I doubt you'd get marks there. You do have a second point about output, but I wouldn't say it's developed enough to gain a second mark, as the core point is a restatement of what is given to you in the question.

I would approach the question like this:

(these are just ideas)
    • Explain the similarities in methods of inputs, and potentially how these inputs are handled.
    • Explain the similarities in how outputs are handled, and used. Possibly relate this to input methods.
    • Explain the similarities in how storage is used and the similarities in what storage mediums are used. (SSD/flash/HDD/SSHD)
    I would give examples in each point.

ReputationRep:
    High Level Response (5–6 marks)A detailed comparison of game consoles anddesktop computers referring to input, output andstorage devices. There will be few if any errorsin spelling, grammar and punctuation. Technicalterms will be used appropriately and correctly.Medium Level Response (3–4 marks)A comparison is made between desktopcomputers and game consoles, with at least twoof input, output and storage devices mentionedbut may not be described in detail. There maybe occasional errors in spelling, grammar andpunctuation. Technical terms will be mainlycorrect.Low Level Response (1–2 marks)There is an attempt to compare game consolesand desktop computers but some of thestatements are incorrect or irrelevant.Information will be poorly expressed and therewill be limited, if any, use of technical terms.Errors of grammar, punctuation and spellingmay be intrusive.Response not worthy of credit (0 marks)

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.