Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I am hoping to apply to LSE for 2017 entry. I am applying to Government and Economics, for which i need AAA. In AS i got an A in maths, A in chemistry however i achieved a B in Religious Studies. I will be retaking the whole AS alongside my A2 because i feel that i can get an A and as it is a modular course i do not want to take a B through to A2. Will LSE look down upon me retaking?

ReputationRep:
    Frankly the competition in Gov econ is tough, but there are no worries so long as your referee could show his/her confidence in you that you would achieve good grades in the coming exams. Although LSE states in one of their replies that they prefer applicants who achieve the required grades in the first exam sitting, they would not give penalty to those who resit. You might be at a little disadvantage but if you have not submitted your app, do discuss with your referee, get him/her to explain your situation, and work really really hard on your ps, the ps would be a tie-breaker between you and similar applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khazix)
    Frankly the competition in Gov econ is tough, but there are no worries so long as your referee could show his/her confidence in you that you would achieve good grades in the coming exams. Although LSE states in one of their replies that they prefer applicants who achieve the required grades in the first exam sitting, they would not give penalty to those who resit. You might be at a little disadvantage but if you have not submitted your app, do discuss with your referee, get him/her to explain your situation, and work really really hard on your ps, the ps would be a tie-breaker between you and similar applicants.
    I was just wondering, would they just look at my B in RS when giving me an offer? By this i mean that if they feel a B is adequate in AS to achieve an offer would they give one, regardless of me retaking? My predicted grades are A*AA which is higher than they ask for. Thank you so much for your help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 26, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.