Turn on thread page Beta

Messed up exam doing the thickest thing ever. watch

I study physiotherapy and had a practical exam yesterday. We have to apply treatments to other students from a different year to us playing the role of a patient. My case was to treat an ankle problem so I assesed it first with the model lying on her back. I then asked the model to lie on her front but I stayed on the same side to give treatment to the foot nearest to me which meant that I treated the wrong ankle. I only realised after the exam when driving home. The examiners didn't say anything but they wouldn't would they, I did think they were looking at my weird though. How ****ing daft am I ?

Just to clarify the case said treat the left ankle. I assessed the left ankle but treated the right. I've worked so hard for the exam!

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like something I would do tbh :mmm: :hugs:
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I study physiotherapy and had a practical exam yesterday. We have to apply treatments to other students from a different year to us playing the role of a patient. My case was to treat an ankle problem so I assesed it first with the model lying on her back. I then asked the model to lie on her front but I stayed on the same side to give treatment to the foot nearest to me which meant that I treated the wrong ankle. I only realised after the exam when driving home. The examiners didn't say anything but they wouldn't would they, I did think they were looking at my weird though. How ****ing daft am I ?
    You have to laugh at these things. Did you interact with the client asking them how it felt whilst you were treatg them? If so any client would have said wrong ankle.
    Perhaps you will ge marks knocked off, but you still might score if all the rest was ok. Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    im sure they will understand, is it your first exam? you were under pressure so they will take that into account maybe

(Original post by hamza772000)
    That sounds like something I would do tbh :mmm: :hugs:
    To be honest I very rarely do anything without messing up in some way. I'm known as dopy by people and I was feeling proud on the'way home and was thinking how I felt things had gone fairly ok and that at least I didn't 'mess up' like usual. Then I suddenly realised this. A few weeks ago when competing in a sprint race for my club I left my t shirt on and forgot to take it off so that the clubs vest was showing. I ran the whole race in and didn't realise until people pointed it out. I nearly got the club disqualified as you are supposed to wear club vests in competition It's as though my subconscious intends for me to mess up in some way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    To be honest I very rarely do anything without messing up in some way. I'm known as dopy by people and I was feeling proud on the'way home and was thinking how I felt things had gone fairly ok and that at least I didn't 'mess up' like usual. Then I suddenly realised this. A few weeks ago when competing in a sprint race for my club I left my t shirt on and forgot to take it off so that the clubs vest was showing. I ran the whole race in and didn't realise until people pointed it out. I nearly got the club disqualified as you are supposed to wear club vests in competition It's as though my subconscious intends for me to mess up in some way.
    Aww, dw, everyone makes mistakes, the best you can do is be MORE cautious, like if u mess up a lot, as u say, then it wont just suddenly change, just pay a tad bit extra attention and you'll be fine. :hugs:

P.S: I mess up a lot too! :five:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.