Turn on thread page Beta

Do you think jealousy works to get ur crush think of you? watch

I'm at uni and there is a guy who I think is interested in me. Whenever I'm working in a computer desk, he comes and sits with girls who are next to me, he then raises his voice when he talks so that I am within earshot. I look up and I see him looking at me while he is conversing with the girls. Tbh I never noticed him before but he has got my attention now if that's what he wanted. He keeps doing it and it gets quite annoying because I can't concentrate on my work. Is this a common game guys play to attract their crushes?

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not common, but yes, it's a thing. If you're not interested then just roll your eyes at the chump :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It sounds dumb when you could just sort of actually talk to your crush. It's not common but some guys seem to believe it is the greatest thing in existence when it really just looks quite inefficient.

(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    It sounds dumb when you could just sort of actually talk to your crush. It's not common but some guys seem to believe it is the greatest thing in existence when it really just looks quite inefficient.
    I agree. He talks to girls with such ease and in a smooth tone yet can't pucker up the courage to speak to me, it's not like I bite!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I agree. He talks to girls with such ease and in a smooth tone yet can't pucker up the courage to speak to me, it's not like I bite!
    You only think he is interested in you, why don't you try and talk to him. To be honest he sounds rather childish anyway if that is how he is trying to get your attention.

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    You only think he is interested in you, why don't you try and talk to him. To be honest he sounds rather childish anyway if that is how he is trying to get your attention.
    No because I'm not interested in talking to him. He might gets his hopes up. If he has something to say then he should just say it..what's the worst that could happen ?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No because I'm not interested in talking to him. He might gets his hopes up. If he has something to say then he should just say it..what's the worst that could happen ?
    So why do you even care that much if you are not interested in talking to him? at the most he is playing games but it seems more likely he is just simply talking to them girls.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you like him, but that you don't want to put yourself out there to talk to him.

ReputationRep:
    No because I'm not interested in talking to him.
    so why does any of this matter then?

ReputationRep:
    I'm at uni and there is a guy who I think is interested in me. Whenever I'm working in a computer desk, he comes and sits with girls who are next to me, he then raises his voice when he talks so that I am within earshot. I look up and I see him looking at me while he is conversing with the girls. Tbh I never noticed him before but he has got my attention now if that's what he wanted. He keeps doing it and it gets quite annoying because I can't concentrate on my work. Is this a common game guys play to attract their crushes?
    I know jealousy works on my boyfriend, out of a sudden he remembers how cute I am when he sees other guys hitting on me or give me a compliment.

" you're mine you're mine", but two seconds ago you didn't give a **** . Ugh boys.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I hope it's not common, it's very childish.

ReputationRep:
    Just move somewhere else, that'll send the message loud and clear.

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    So why do you even care that much if you are not interested in talking to him? at the most he is playing games but it seems more likely he is just simply talking to them girls.
    I'm more curious than interested. Yes he is most likely playing games..it's off putting tbh because you wonder what they're thinking, you can't be certain that they like you but at the same time if he did like me it'll look like I'm the keen one which isn't the case lol.

However he does give me awkward smiles when I'm there but I see him oozing confidence when he talks to girls and my friends find him snobby so he isn't exactly approachable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    I know jealousy works on my boyfriend, out of a sudden he remembers how cute I am when he sees other guys hitting on me or give me a compliment.

" you're mine you're mine", but two seconds ago you didn't give a **** . Ugh boys.
    Lmao u are litterally always salty
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm more curious than interested. Yes he is most likely playing games..it's off putting tbh because you wonder what they're thinking, you can't be certain that they like you but at the same time if he did like me it'll look like I'm the keen one which isn't the case lol.

However he does give me awkward smiles when I'm there but I see him oozing confidence when he talks to girls and my friends find him snobby so he isn't exactly approachable.
    To be honest anyone who plays the whole jealousy game is childish and not worth the effort.

Haha I understand. When I was with my ex he told me to remove my whatsapp pic because I looked abit too beautiful. He said he wanted it only for his eyes. Yet when I tell him so and so was ogling at me he laughs and says you're over reacting lool

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    No, it's not common, but yes, it's a thing. If you're not interested then just roll your eyes at the chump :rolleyes:
    Couldn't find your advice thread so I'll ask you on here. How does a girl like me (who's in uni) salvage a reputation after kissing too many guys when drunk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Lmao u are litterally always salty
    Thanks for noticing

ReputationRep:

Seriously your bf doesnot deserve yiu from what yiu are telling about him.
    He refuses sex, tells you you are his only when others are hitting on you.
    You should be with a trye man like me.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't find your advice thread so I'll ask you on here. How does a girl like me (who's in uni) salvage a reputation after kissing too many guys when drunk?
    Have replied to this query in the appropriate thread

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2016
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.