Jaguar Land Rover 2017 Degree Apprenticeship Watch

student2034
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
havent seen a 2017 thread rgarding jlr's degree apprenticeship 2017 so heres one

have you applied? for what role? and where? and how far are you into the application process?
Tubbz
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It seems like the 2014 got repeatedly hijacked for the last few years, how you finding the application process?
wfontanos
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah, after the SJT you do the psychometric tests. Currently awaiting results for that. It was tough because the timing was ridiculous.

But yeah, good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tubbz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by wfontanos)
Yeah, after the SJT you do the psychometric tests. Currently awaiting results for that. It was tough because the timing was ridiculous.

But yeah, good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some of the tests are designed not to be finished and weed out people who may have answer schemes. Not saying these are but I've sat tests elsewhere when that was the case
LeScienceBlogger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Help how do you do the application? Can i see screenshots to make sure i have the right thing, and how are you getting tests already?!
wfontanos
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When you apply, first you have to complete your profile (I.e name, qualifications and contact details).

Then when you apply for the apprenticeship you complete the application and it will ask questions such as the subjects you do, your qualifications and right to work, to name a few.

Then send it and they'll review the application to make sure you're eligible for the course.

From there, you just wait for the email giving you the first test which is a situational judgement test.

If you are unsure about anything, just contact JLR directly, they'll help you out. I accidentally sent off my application incompleted by mistake but they got it sorted out same day at like 9pm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LeScienceBlogger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank god, i thought id missed something, I'm filling in the first part. If you dont mind me asking, what a levels did you get/predeicted
wfontanos
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I emailed them after results day because I got a D in physics and my school wouldn't let me continue it.

But luckily, they take economics as a maths related subject. And I believe you have to do maths as well.

So, I'm using Maths and Economics as my A Levels. At AS, I got an A in economics and a B in maths.

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
LeScienceBlogger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got a B in physics and biology, D in maths and chemistry. But retaking a maths unit so I've got A*, A, B, B, predicted, everyone keeps telling me to go to uni haha
wfontanos
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah, as long as you're expected a C in Maths and your additional subject it's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
LeScienceBlogger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
TBH I think my physics was a fluke but who cares! What maths units are you sitting/sat?
wfontanos
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I do edexcel, at AS I got C1 (A), C2 (C), M1 (B). This year we're doing C3, C4 & S1

Posted from TSR Mobile
LeScienceBlogger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Same with edexcel, C1-C C2- E(retake) S1-B then c3/4 and m1 this year
wfontanos
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well good luck with the application and hopefully we make it through!

Posted from TSR Mobile
LeScienceBlogger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yep, you too!
Tubbz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by wfontanos)
I do edexcel, at AS I got C1 (A), C2 (C), M1 (B). This year we're doing C3, C4 & S1

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by LeScienceBlogger)
Same with edexcel, C1-C C2- E(retake) S1-B then c3/4 and m1 this year
Decent choice for the optional modules there (although I'm guessing they're pretty standard now) they'll help with the actual course when you're here. Also don't worry about your resits too much, you can improve massively. I went from 20 UMS in C4 first time to an A on my resit, it's easily doable.
LeScienceBlogger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tubbz)
Decent choice for the optional modules there (although I'm guessing they're pretty standard now) they'll help with the actual course when you're here. Also don't worry about your resits too much, you can improve massively. I went from 20 UMS in C4 first time to an A on my resit, it's easily doable.
Are you there now then? What did you put on then application? What's work experience did you have?
Tubbz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LeScienceBlogger)
Are you there now then? What did you put on then application? What's work experience did you have?
Yeah I'm on the apprenticeship.

What I put on the application I couldn't tell you, just what it asked for.

I had a lot of work experience because I'd worked after A levels so had plenty to go on when filling it in.
wfontanos
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So did you not start the apprenticeship straight after receiving your A Levels? And if so, is there an unfair advantage to those who took time off to get a job etc. before applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
usu4599
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ad109)
havent seen a 2017 thread rgarding jlr's degree apprenticeship 2017 so heres one

have you applied? for what role? and where? and how far are you into the application process?
Did the apprentice aptitude test about a week ago.Has anyone been contacted by JLR after that?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (363)
59.12%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.37%
No- I want it (174)
28.34%
No- I don't want it (44)
7.17%

Watched Threads