The Student Room Group

Jaguar Land Rover 2017 Degree Apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by luckystars
Sent a PM, also congrats on becoming a community assistant!

Done my best to reply, and thanks :smile:
Reply 221
I've tried calling the number listed previously on this thread as I've been offered the role and had my contract through, but I needed to query the start date as I get back from holiday in the early hours of the 4th September. Anybody know if there is any other number I could call or more information about the start date?
My son was told at the assessment centre that 6,500 applied, 1,600 passed online tests, 400 were invited to interviews with a view to getting 200 total apprentices (i.e. Higher & advanced). From what I've read on here more people were invited re accountancy than anticipated though so those numbers may of changed slightly.
Original post by Jayzaa
I've tried calling the number listed previously on this thread as I've been offered the role and had my contract through, but I needed to query the start date as I get back from holiday in the early hours of the 4th September. Anybody know if there is any other number I could call or more information about the start date?

Try emailing them instead, then you will also have response in writing as well to be on the safe side.
Reply 224
Original post by Discoveryland
Try emailing them instead, then you will also have response in writing as well to be on the safe side.

I finally managed to get in touch and they told me that once I've accepted the contract I can declare pre-booked holidays with both JLR and the training providers when they email me in the coming weeks, just letting you all know in case anyone is in the same situation as me!
Reply 225
Original post by Jayzaa
I finally managed to get in touch and they told me that once I've accepted the contract I can declare pre-booked holidays with both JLR and the training providers when they email me in the coming weeks, just letting you all know in case anyone is in the same situation as me!

All Prebooked holidays are honoured unpaid as your holidays for the first year will be scheduled for you to fit around training.
Reply 226
IS there an opportunity to do a masters after the 6 years and if so in what?
Anybody who applied for accounting got a reply yet?
Original post by Donotforget
Anybody who applied for accounting got a reply yet?

Nope
Reply 229
Original post by Psw2
IS there an opportunity to do a masters after the 6 years and if so in what?

Subject to business needs, and whatever you feel will be most beneficial to your department.

You can also progress to PhD level within the company.
Reply 230
Original post by Donotforget
Do you know anything about the accounting degree apprenticeship or know someone from that course on tsr?

It depends what the question is, if you ask something less vague, I can try and help.
I heard back last week, I've been offered a place on the degree apprenticeship for finance. Just waiting to get my contract now 😆
Anyone else heard ANYTHING at all from JLR about the finance apprenticeship? Honestly been waiting for so long. They said end of march and it's the end of march tomorrow. Hoping to get a reply then!
Reply 233
Original post by VirdiMazaria
Anyone else heard ANYTHING at all from JLR about the finance apprenticeship? Honestly been waiting for so long. They said end of march and it's the end of march tomorrow. Hoping to get a reply then!

1. The person above you said they'd had an offer. This means JLR are getting round to contacting people.

2. I've said it plenty of times, if you read other people's responses you'll get an answer, JLR take ages to get back to people. The time frame they give you and the reality are very different. They're processing 1000s of applicants. People heard as late as August, with some on the reserve list not being contacted until September. It's a long wait, be patient.
Original post by Tubbz
1. The person above you said they'd had an offer. This means JLR are getting round to contacting people.

2. I've said it plenty of times, if you read other people's responses you'll get an answer, JLR take ages to get back to people. The time frame they give you and the reality are very different. They're processing 1000s of applicants. People heard as late as August, with some on the reserve list not being contacted until September. It's a long wait, be patient.

Just phoned tsr and apparently the last AC date for accounting was on the 16th so if you wernt called you never got in
Reply 235
How much are the fees that have to be paid back after the program if someone left the company immediately/one year/ two years?
Reply 236
Original post by Psw2
How much are the fees that have to be paid back after the program if someone left the company immediately/one year/ two years?

You'll get the specific information when you join. But work on £9k a year uni fees.
Reply 237
Original post by chloe_h99
I heard back last week, I've been offered a place on the degree apprenticeship for finance. Just waiting to get my contract now 😆

Congratulations! Can I ask which date your assessment centre was?
Original post by Samp97
Congratulations! Can I ask which date your assessment centre was?

Thanks!! Mine was on the 2nd Feb
Has anyone heard anything for those of you that were placed on the reserve list?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending