The Student Room Group

Jaguar Land Rover 2017 Degree Apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Jayrobinson999
I was meaning in regards to finance but I understand what you're saying, thanks

Ah OK, I would assume similar proportional lists apply for accounting anyway.
Original post by Tubbz
My understanding of the selection process is they score everyone and then rank them 1-100 for example

The top 60 would then be made an offer, with another 20 on the reserve list, and 20 rejected. Anyone who drops out would then be replaced by the next person on the list.

Obviously this is a gross over simplification, but yeah that's the general progression of it.

That's what I think as well. Nothing was outright said about how many people would be made offers at my AC.
Reply 262
What happens if you can't make it to the share fair?
Reply 263
Original post by Psw2
What happens if you can't make it to the share fair?

Is that part of the induction week?

Without a valid excuse, it will be an issue. If it's due to prebooked holiday, you'll just miss out on information regarding your department, and be making a blind choice.

It's fairly useful, and very worth attending if possible.
Has there been an update for anyone that was placed on the reserve list?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 265
Original post by mimehrban1
Has there been an update for anyone that was placed on the reserve list?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reserve list is better than nothing. There were people in my intake who weren't on the reserve list who got called because they'd exhausted the reserve list. They got phone in September.

It is a long wait.

Until you are told no, you should hope for the best.
Has anyone heard anything further from the college or JLR themselves about all the background check "stuff"? I accepted the offer a while ago now and was just a bit concerned about how silent things have suddenly gone, all I have been sent is the information about the "share fair" which I still don't totally know what that is all about either, any info/advice would be appreciated! :smile:
Reply 267
Original post by HazleNut
Has anyone heard anything further from the college or JLR themselves about all the background check "stuff"? I accepted the offer a while ago now and was just a bit concerned about how silent things have suddenly gone, all I have been sent is the information about the "share fair" which I still don't totally know what that is all about either, any info/advice would be appreciated! :smile:

You wouldn't have got this far in your application if your back ground check was going to flag something.

The share fair is a chance to meet departments/managers/engineers and get a feel for where you would like to work, for the next 6 years at least.

As I keep saying, it is all a long wait.
Reply 268
Guys I know it says minimum grades for A levels are C in maths and English but what is the 'actual grade requirements' for you to be competitive.
I'm talking about the engineering degree apprenticeship here.
anyone who has finished the course please reply and say what you guys got for A levels
hugely appreciated
Reply 269
Original post by TZ4
Guys I know it says minimum grades for A levels are C in maths and English but what is the 'actual grade requirements' for you to be competitive.
I'm talking about the engineering degree apprenticeship here.
anyone who has finished the course please reply and say what you guys got for A levels
hugely appreciated

No one has completed the degree apprenticeship yet. It's too new for that.

Honestly, your grades don't matter. As long as you meet those minimum requirements all of the process is based on the company's testing.

There's also no requirement for English A level, it's maths and a science or tech subject.
Reply 270
when you get your A level grades do you have to go through the aptitude test
I'm saying this because i applied last time (without my A level grades) and had a ridiculous run on the test, the time limit they give you does not represent the actual amount of time needed to answer the number of questions
literally if it wasn't for time i would have smashed the test
Original post by TZ4
I'm saying this because i applied last time (without my A level grades) and had a ridiculous run on the test, the time limit they give you does not represent the actual amount of time needed to answer the number of questions

I assume each time you apply the process will be the same. So doing another judgement test, aptitude test, interview etc
Reply 272
Original post by TZ4

There's ample time to finish the aptitude tests, or at least most of the people I spoke to at assessment centre thought that.

The recruitment process is always the same format, regardless of previous qualifications.
How formal is the share fair thing, should I be wearing a suit or just smart casual?
Reply 274
Original post by HazleNut
How formal is the share fair thing, should I be wearing a suit or just smart casual?

Probably a suit. It's about first impressions.
Reply 275
I know im still a year away until i will be applying and the way JLR conduct things may change. But do they help you with acomidation or have you got to sort that out yourself?
Reply 276
Original post by Jack08
I know im still a year away until i will be applying and the way JLR conduct things may change. But do they help you with acomidation or have you got to sort that out yourself?

No, that's pretty much down to you. If you're successful they do have a facebook page where people tend to make connections and organise house shares together, so if you're not particularly organised between a few people it's easier to get things sorted.
Reply 277
Hi everyone, today I got offered a place on the engineering degree apprenticeship scheme off the reserve list, so there's still hope for everyone else on the list!
Hi, my son got offered an engineering degree apprenticeship role today. He applied last October and was on the reserve list so it's been a long wait to get to this stage. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear.
Reply 279
Hi, I just got offered a place onto the engineering degree apprenticeship by phone. Wondering how long the email with contract details will take to come through. Good luck to everyone else!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending