The Student Room Group

Jaguar Land Rover 2017 Degree Apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Ltodd98
yeah, think mine finishes around 12:45. and do you know any more on the role other than its training for 6 years then you can put in a preference for what job you want?

You'll make a job role decision in week one, and that is the job you will have for the 6 years (and ideally beyond)

The idea is that all the apprentice roles are quite niche, and you train in that job for 6 years to fill a skills gap, not so much that you sit there twiddling your thumbs for 6 years then everyone rushes off to the test track. It just doesn't happen like that.

If you do get a job role you don't like (it's prioritised on AC performance) then you can apply for internal vacancies as any other employee of JLR would, but the job role for 6 years as an apprentice is the only "guaranteed" job you'll get within the company.
Reply 61
Original post by Tubbz
You'll make a job role decision in week one, and that is the job you will have for the 6 years (and ideally beyond)

The idea is that all the apprentice roles are quite niche, and you train in that job for 6 years to fill a skills gap, not so much that you sit there twiddling your thumbs for 6 years then everyone rushes off to the test track. It just doesn't happen like that.

If you do get a job role you don't like (it's prioritised on AC performance) then you can apply for internal vacancies as any other employee of JLR would, but the job role for 6 years as an apprentice is the only "guaranteed" job you'll get within the company.

Thank you so much :smile:
Good luck to both of you !!!
Original post by Ltodd98
yeah, think mine finishes around 12:45. and do you know any more on the role other than its training for 6 years then you can put in a preference for what job you want?

Have you done much prep?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Muddasser_H
Good luck to both of you !!!

Thankyou! Have you not been invited to the assessment centre?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, that what I'm worried about lol. Anyways how was the assessment Center. You find it easy?
Original post by mimehrban1
Thankyou! Have you not been invited to the assessment centre?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Muddasser_H
No, that what I'm worried about lol. Anyways how was the assessment Center. You find it easy?

I wouldn't say easy, I guess you just have to be confident. There's 4 parts to it; Group Exercise, Practical, 1-to-1 interview and Role Play.

The best advice I could give you is to remember the company policies and try to reflect that in all your answers etc.

I had the assessment centre on the 8th February and I've not heard anything back yet. The lady did say that there had been 6,500 applicants for the role and only 400 had been invited to the assessment centre - from there they'll be recruiting 200 apprentices.

Best of luck to you and anyone else that reads this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still waiting for a reply - lets just say I've not got in fml
Original post by LeScienceBlogger
Still waiting for a reply - lets just say I've not got in fml

When did you go for your assessment centre?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When did you go for your assessment centre?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't been lool
Original post by Ltodd98

How did the assessment go for you? Have you heard back at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Not heard back yet. Still waiting. Probably the worst part :'(. And the day was alright. Just be yourself. Enjoy it and have a laugh with the assessors.
Reply 72
Original post by Ltodd98
Not heard back yet. Still waiting. Probably the worst part :'(. And the day was alright. Just be yourself. Enjoy it and have a laugh with the assessors.

Took me 5 months to hear back. The earlier your assessment centre, the longer your wait generally.
Reply 73
Original post by Tubbz
Took me 5 months to hear back. The earlier your assessment centre, the longer your wait generally.

Did you get a place?
Reply 74
Original post by Ltodd98
Did you get a place?

Yeah I've been on the apprenticeship for a while. It's a long wait.
Original post by Tubbz

Which month did you do your assessment and which month did you hear back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've set my assessment Center date for 22nd Febuary anyone else got there's there? Also does anyone who has been through the assessment Center give any advice of what I should research other than company values ?
Thank You
Reply 77
Which month did you do your assessment and which month did you hear back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Assessment centre in March, heard back around June/July?
got mine on the 22nd too I'm ******** it
Reply 79
Original post by James1274
got mine on the 22nd too I'm ******** it

I know you'll get told this a lot. But I get over nervous and the best thing I did was literally just enjoy the day. There's pastries and cookies and stuff on offer so just eat and drink a bit. Anything to get your mind focused on something. Super helps :smile:

Quick Reply