Turn on thread page Beta

I'm a girl of 16, almost 17. And I my dad watches weird videos on youtube of little girls of like 10 or less years old. So this is the story:
    so every time that I go in my youtube account I see like 'keep watching' or suggestion with these weird videos of these little girl filming them self, and they are a bit sexual! The first time it happened I thought it was my lil bro, but then one night I was still awake and I was thirsty, so I went to the kitchen, which is right beside the living room. I saw my dad on youtube watching one of those videos. I pretended that it didn't happen, but the next morning I went to see if I was wrong, but I wasn't. It makes me think that he's a bit pedophile and he watches them every single night! It makes me unconfortable when I see he watches them... I don't know what to do! Should I pretend that I don't know what he does or should I tell him something??!

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure about the content of these videos?

ReputationRep:
    Show your mum.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Assuming this is real, then i dont think telling him has any benefits for you.
    I would be surprised if such videos are on youtube.
    Perhaps talk to a counselor in confidence on childline 08001111

ReputationRep:
    I would be too afraid to bring it up, in all honesty. I really wouldn't know what to do.
    But I can understand why it would be real awkward fr you.
    Hopefully other Tsrians can give better answers.
    I really hope that what you saw turns out to be incorrect tbh. This is a case where I'd rather be proven wrong than right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a girl of 16, almost 17. And I my dad watches weird videos on youtube of little girls of like 10 or less years old. So this is the story:
    so every time that I go in my youtube account I see like 'keep watching' or suggestion with these weird videos of these little girl filming them self, and they are a bit sexual! The first time it happened I thought it was my lil bro, but then one night I was still awake and I was thirsty, so I went to the kitchen, which is right beside the living room. I saw my dad on youtube watching one of those videos. I pretended that it didn't happen, but the next morning I went to see if I was wrong, but I wasn't. It makes me think that he's a bit pedophile and he watches them every single night! It makes me unconfortable when I see he watches them... I don't know what to do! Should I pretend that I don't know what he does or should I tell him something??!
    You should tell your mother, before things get worse. It might be nothing, it might be something. You can also talk to trained child counselors about this, for free
    https://www.childline.org.uk/
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I assume you've watched some to see what they actually are? And you're sure it's always him and not that he was checking what your brother was watching that one time?

If it creeps you out it's worth bringing up in some capacity. There may be and hopefully is a good explination that will put your mind at rest and if not it will be better knowing sooner.
    If you are comfortable bringing it up with your mum or any other family or friend I would try that and see what they say. You could also "stumble in" on him at some point and ask what he's watching, but I can understand why you would want to avoid talking to him about it.

I hate to ask but is there anything else that would concern you or make you suspicious? If there is or you ever get concerned or want to talk to anybody about it you can talk to childline. I know you're a bit old for it but it's no different from something like samaritans and is really user friendly and simple. It's designed with late teens in mind too- not just little kids. Somebody has already included a link and you can talk to them over the phone or in a fb chat-like thing on their website.
    If you want to talk to somebody in person your school should also have some sort of counselling service connected to it. It will be confidential so they won't tell your parents or teachers.

If you become concerned on a more serious level you can also report it to the NSPCC or police (non-emergency police number is 101). This is generally good to know for any situation even if it does not apply in this instance which I hope it doesn't.

I'm sorry this must be a really confusing situation to be in and I hope there is a simple explination you find soon and you can stop being worried about it. You have made the right choice by asking about it though. It is always good to follow up on any concerns even if you feel silly for doing so. If nothing else, you don't want to be suffering in sience worrying about something you don't need to.

ReputationRep:
    This is why we shouldn't let the Russians use the internet.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.