Turn on thread page Beta

Volunteering Abroad watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi

If there is already a thread for this, I apologise.

I just wondered if anyone knew of any great volunteer abroad projects that can be organised directly with the placement provider?

For example, I volunteered at the Costa Rica sloth sanctuary last year and contacted them directly to arrange it. In doing so, I saved approximately £1500 than if I had paid for it via the big sites like gapyear or projectabroad.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    How old are you? National Citizens Service is a scheme run by the government for 15 - 17 years. Their volunteer opportunities are free. You just need to fundraise. I think you need to raise £700, after which they pay for everything else including flights and accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    You can work as a volunteer for non-governmental organizations in some countries in Asia. Actually, they are very popular around the world.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.