Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would be very grateful if someone could check through this translation from English to French.

English original: For the second time since the beginning of the year, the French government has reduced the money which it gives for buying photovoltaic solar energy. For a number of years many French people have sold the energy which they have produced to EDF. The money which they receive will not be reduced but owners of solar energy farms, which are often very large, will earn less. As a result, these energy factories could become less important, although they cause no pollution.

Nevertheless, as these panels become less and less expensive, we will see more of them in our towns and villages.

My translation (not using accents because if I try to copy them in it misses a line):

Pour la deuxieme fois depuis le debut de l'annee, le gouvernement francais a reduit l'argent qu'il donne pour acheter l'energie solaire photovoltaique. Pendant des annees beaucoup de francais ont vendu l'energie qu'ils ont produit a EDF. L'argent qu'ils recoivent ne reduira pas mais les proprietaries des parcs solaires, qui sont souvent grands, gagneront moins. Par resultat, ces usines energetiques pourraient devenir moins importants, bien qu'ils ne provoquent pas aucune pollution.

Neanmoins quand ces panneaux deviennent de moins en moins chers, nous en verrons plus dans nos villes et villages.

Thanks anyone willing to help!

ReputationRep:
    2nd to last line, I think it should be "moins importantes" as une usine is feminine?
    otherwise I'm not sure; it seems alright to me but you should probably get a 2nd opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumaisa_)
    2nd to last line, I think it should be "moins importantes" as une usine is feminine?
    otherwise I'm not sure; it seems alright to me but you should probably get a 2nd opinion
    Thanks for that!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 25, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.