The Student Room Group

Psychology AS (AQA) Revision Help!

Hi all,

I am studying Psychology for A-level and I recently joined in year 12. I have mock exams coming up in November and I don't know how to start revising. I just want to do well in Psychology AS and make my parents proud. Some people on TSR said they used PowerPoint, flashcards or mindmaps for their revision. I am completely confused and I don't know if I should use them. If you have done some, can you please show me them? I would be grateful and please share some useful tips :smile:x
(edited 7 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by sophia.f
Hi all,

I am studying Psychology for A-level and I recently joined in year 12. I have mock exams coming up in November and I don't know how to start revising. I just want to do well in Psychology AS and make my parents proud. Some people on TSR said they used PowerPoint, flashcards or mindmaps for their revision. I am completely confused and I don't know if I should use them. If you have done some, can you please show me them? I would be grateful and please share some useful tips :smile:x

Don't stress at this stage (your parents will be proud no matter what!) I've just started A2 and honestly it's not worth it. The best thing to do is find your own revision technique as not everyone is the same so try all the revision methods. I found that because all the content hasn't been learnt that doing written flash cards or mind maps was partly a waste of time at this stage because you haven't full developed essay writing skills so I had put not credit worthy information on to paper and had to re do it because later on as I realised it was pointless which wasted a lot of time. If you do make them, only put short sentences or key terms in bullet points about studies. For example,
Social influence: An explanation of conformity
- Key study: Deutch & Gerrard
- Suggested two types of social influence that leads to conformity - NSI & ISI
- Outline both i.e NSI - an individual wants to be liked and accepted
- Evaluate: Ethical issues, methodical issues etc

If you find flash cards help you try going on Quizlet ... You can make your own or look at other peoples if you search a topic i.e social influence .. it should bring up a list (some of which are from teachers, it usually says if they are!). Any thing else your worried about just let me know! Remember stop worrying about making your parent proud, there's people that haven't made it this far!!
Original post by Nataliem24
Don't stress at this stage (your parents will be proud no matter what!) I've just started A2 and honestly it's not worth it. The best thing to do is find your own revision technique as not everyone is the same so try all the revision methods. I found that because all the content hasn't been learnt that doing written flash cards or mind maps was partly a waste of time at this stage because you haven't full developed essay writing skills so I had put not credit worthy information on to paper and had to re do it because later on as I realised it was pointless which wasted a lot of time. If you do make them, only put short sentences or key terms in bullet points about studies. For example,
Social influence: An explanation of conformity
- Key study: Deutch & Gerrard
- Suggested two types of social influence that leads to conformity - NSI & ISI
- Outline both i.e NSI - an individual wants to be liked and accepted
- Evaluate: Ethical issues, methodical issues etc

If you find flash cards help you try going on Quizlet ... You can make your own or look at other peoples if you search a topic i.e social influence .. it should bring up a list (some of which are from teachers, it usually says if they are!). Any thing else your worried about just let me know! Remember stop worrying about making your parent proud, there's people that haven't made it this far!!

Thank you so much for reply, I will apply short information about studies and I am trying to sort out which one is the right technique for me! Ty again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest