Turn on thread page Beta

Swimming trunks or speedos? watch

• View Poll Results: Which do you wear?
    Trunks
    52.38%
    Speedos
    47.62%

ReputationRep:
    Which ones do you wear? Which ones better?

I've always been a swimming trunks fan but for competitive swimming apparently it's a disadvantage? I am going to enter a swimming gala this week and was wondering what people tend to wear at those and whether it makes a difference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoping4thebest)
    Which ones do you wear? Which ones better?

I've always been a swimming trunks fan but for competitive swimming apparently it's a disadvantage? I am going to enter a swimming gala this week and was wondering what people tend to wear at those and whether it makes a difference?
    What do you mean by trunks? The board shorts type or the half way up the thigh length

ReputationRep:
    Most of the guys on my swim team wear speedos or racing suits at swim meets but I don't know it's not much of a difference I think unless you're trying to get a qualifying time or something

ReputationRep:
    I'm a trunks kind of guy myself.

ReputationRep:
    Trunks are a huge disadvantage, the added water resistance will slow you down massively.

Im not a fan of speedos so when I was swimming competitively I wore those tight knee lenght shorts, called jammwrs for some reason, they arent too expensive and are much better than the alternatives.

ReputationRep:
    For competitive swimming, speedos (the actual term is swim briefs, speedo is a brand of them) can help since they re more streamlined so will give you a little bit of advantage in terms of speed. Trunks are also heavier and do slow you down. I swim a lot and everyone in my relay team and the other team at galas wears speedos. If you need to buy one, this is the best one out of all the ones I own
    http://www.speedostore.co.uk/mens-sp...103738885.html

ReputationRep:
    Briefs are a lot better than trunks or jammers for competitive swimming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    For competitive swimming, speedos (the actual term is swim briefs, speedo is a brand of them) can help since they re more streamlined so will give you a little bit of advantage in terms of speed. Trunks are also heavier and do slow you down. I swim a lot and everyone in my relay team and the other team at galas wears speedos. If you need to buy one, this is the best one out of all the onesI've tried
    http://www.speedostore.co.uk/mens-sp...103738885.html
    Speedos show the bulge though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taran001)
    What do you mean by trunks? The board shorts type or the half way up the thigh length
    The board shorts type

ReputationRep:
    Speedos don't cover the awrah for men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akbar0123)
    Speedos don't cover the awrah for men
    OP isn't Muslim...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    OP isn't Muslim...
    Doesn't matter. It's a fact that men have to cover the area between the waist and the knee.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter. It's a fact that men have to cover the area between the waist and the knee.
    It's not a law in the uk though

ReputationRep:
    Go for jammers, they are the most streamlined
    http://www.speedostore.co.uk/mens-en...er/800722.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serions871)
    It's not a law in the uk though
    Btw, jammer shorts are actually more streamlined like the guy above said

ReputationRep:
    Btw, jammer shorts are actually more streamlined like the guy above said
    He might see a girls ankle or something more if the pool has women in it!!!!!!

But I would recommend getting yourself something streamlined that suits you. and dont worry too much about the bulge.

ReputationRep:
    speedos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    He might see a girls ankle or something more if the pool has women in it!!!!!!

But I would recommend getting yourself something streamlined that suits you. and dont worry too much about the bulge.
    Yeah that's true, but at schools swimming lessons are done separately for boys and girls so he'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's true, but at schools swimming lessons are done separately for boys and girls so he'll be fine
    Ours were together as we have this thing called equality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Ours were together as we have this thing called equality.
    Burn.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.