Turn on thread page Beta

What does music mean for you? watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Music is all around us, we can feel music through the vibrations and listen to it. But what does music mean for you and what type of songs have influenced and inspired you?

I grew up listening to indie music, The Kooks, The Feeling etc and for me, whenever I listen to a song with guitar chords, I feel quite happy but it puts me in my element.

We all have a story to tell, where has music taken you in life?

ReputationRep:
    it's a distraction, personal entertainment, and a method of expression...

ReputationRep:
    music fills my head with stuff when im alone so i dont think about things.
    it is also always there even when nobody else is if you think about it, can always rely on ur songs to talk to you.
    can also be used to drown everyone out and their comments.

ReputationRep:
    Music has always been both a distraction and outlet for me. Listening to music has gotten me through a lot but then so has writing and performing my own music or just singing in general. The only time I used to feel true confidence was when I was singing but that took a blow but I'm slowly building myself back up from that.

Music can help me in any mood. If I am feeling down, it can help perk me up. If I am happy then it can make me even more happy and bouncy and if I need a push, it can give me the motivation I need.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Music either 1 - distracts me so I don't work or 2 - distracts me in a way that I can focus on what I need to do and become more productive
    Music eh :nopity:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Music either 1 - distracts me so I don't work or 2 - distracts me in a way that I can focus on what I need to do and become more productive
    Music eh :nopity:
    I can relate to this, I would say if you still want to listen to music but not without the distractions then try classical music as it is quite relaxing and gets you motivated.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    I can relate to this, I would say if you still want to listen to music but not without the distractions then try classical music as it is quite relaxing and gets you motivated.
    I do listen to classical music, but the wierdo that I am, I start humming along to it and lose concentration on my work :toofunny:So I just don't listen
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Zadok the Priest is bae at the moment :heart: XD
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    I do listen to classical music, but the wierdo that I am, I start humming along to it and lose concentration on my work :toofunny:So I just don't listen
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Zadok the Priest is bae at the moment :heart: XD
    That is all part of the fun, to hum along! :mmm: do you like the Nutcracker? What gets me going is Fur Elise :cry2:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    That is all part of the fun, to hum along! :mmm: do you like the Nutcracker? What gets me going is Fur Elise :cry2:
    :yep:
    I do! Playing it with my orchestra this year! Exciting stuff! :excited:Fur Elise :heart:

ReputationRep:
    Not much sentimental value to me to be frank. Whatever sounds good.

I was listening to this earlier though and it does make you think...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW0StzgQG38

ReputationRep:
    Music never distracts me from an issue, it makes me feel more confident to face it, or at least think it's going somewhere and that good things are coming. So a mixture of empathy and hope instilling.

ReputationRep:
    Vibes n ****

ReputationRep:
    It's my preferred art form, I'm not really into books or films.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.