Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone who is already attending Uclan know what the nightlife is like, I have chosen all my uni choices and i'm happy with the courses of them all so i'm now putting my final choice down to the nightlife?
    Im not saying that im choosing my uni based on the nightlife, i have already got all the unis i want and they all offer the best but now im just looking at the nightlife because i am young and of course want to be sociable and live the whole uni experience
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by aprilcroftx)
    Does anyone who is already attending Uclan know what the nightlife is like, I have chosen all my uni choices and i'm happy with the courses of them all so i'm now putting my final choice down to the nightlife?
    Im not saying that im choosing my uni based on the nightlife, i have already got all the unis i want and they all offer the best but now im just looking at the nightlife because i am young and of course want to be sociable and live the whole uni experience
    well it's smaller in preston than other cities, but there's plenty of choice and it's ridiculously cheap to live here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aprilcroftx)
    Hi aprilcroftx

I'm a current third year student and I'll be honest, the nightlife in Preston is really good for the size of the city. It's not a huge place but the university creates a busy student atmosphere in the city centre.

There are a few big main nightclubs such as Evoque, Warehouse and Pop World which all give you something different and are each popular on different nights so you get plenty of variety.

There are also smaller places like Glovers Bar and The Loft and even places like Roper Hall where events are hosted during the week. There really is something for every night of the week.

I'm not saying it's as good as Manchester or anything but you can be confident that if you come to UCLan you won't be sacrificing part of your uni experience

Molly

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!😀😀

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 26, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Central Lancashire (UCLan)
    Preston campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 7 Oct '18
  2. Central Lancashire (UCLan)
    Preston campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 10 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.