The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh offers 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Who do you reckon I should call? Because I already corresponded via e-mail with the administrative secretary for the program and she said that the decision is final but I am hesitant to believe there s nothing else I can do, especially because it is only one point. Many thanks!

Original post by EdgyGem
Your only option is to call them up and see if there is any way round it, could be the programme is full (not just sure how that works with PG) but would try that tack. 1 point is minor but they can be sticklers.. Best luck
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Firmed Edinburgh to do AI and CS, anyone else doing this course? 😊 I'm an EU student btw
I have an offer of AAA. What happens if i don't get these grades??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yuval45
Who do you reckon I should call? Because I already corresponded via e-mail with the administrative secretary for the program and she said that the decision is final but I am hesitant to believe there s nothing else I can do, especially because it is only one point. Many thanks!

The uni website should have all the staff members listed. Just peruse through it, searching for the titles u think sound relevant. Work your way up from the bottom hierarchy-wise with regards to calling them asking for reconsideration.

All the best of luck! Being refused because of lacking one mere point is a perversion
what accommodation have people chosen?
Original post by nadeen456
I have an offer of AAA. What happens if i don't get these grades??

Posted from TSR Mobile

They may well accept you, although they are not obligated to. On the post-offer day last week, they said that, for English Lit. students, at least, they would still let you in if you slipped a grade. Do not take my word for it though! good luck :smile:
Original post by Lauren1498x
what accommodation have people chosen?

Darroch court, New Arthur Place, Warrender Park road, Hermits croft, Fraser Court.
is engineering at Edinburgh better than at UCL??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thebelljar98
Has anyone who has received an offer for a Humanties subject been invited to one of the post offer holder days yet? I received my offer the other day and have no invitation to one yet... I would love to go to the one in April as I've never been to Edinburgh. :smile:

Hey I have an offer for English lit and i went to the offers day on the 5th of April. did u go?! :smile:
Original post by canonandcanvas
They may well accept you, although they are not obligated to. On the post-offer day last week, they said that, for English Lit. students, at least, they would still let you in if you slipped a grade. Do not take my word for it though! good luck :smile:

Really? I was there too for english lit, who told you this? i hope it's the case! What offer did you get for english literature
Original post by Dalia.aldu
Really? I was there too for english lit, who told you this? i hope it's the case! What offer did you get for english literature

I was there on March 29th, so it was a different day from you.

In the English lecture, they explained that Edinburgh only give out a few more offers than they actually have space for (as opposed to Exeter, which offers around 3 times more places than they actually have, as they know that not everyone will accept them), therefore, they said that they might be more lenient since they really 'want' the students who they have given offers to.

I am actually studying a joint honours of English Lit and History of Art, and my offer was ABB, which was much lower than I was expecting!
Original post by A_Sircar
Hey,
I got an offer from Edinburgh, Exeter (and Durham) for Geography. I'm an international student though, and I applied early so that's also probably why.

I firmed Edinburgh to study Geography too! Which have you chosen?
Reply 372
Hi! Are there any LLM applicants? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed Edinburgh yesterday - anyone else going to be studying Psychology?

Where is everyone applying for accommodation? Hoping to get Salisbury Court but Deaconess and Portsburgh Court would be fab as well!!
Original post by kbucukoglu
Firmed Edinburgh yesterday - anyone else going to be studying Psychology?

Where is everyone applying for accommodation? Hoping to get Salisbury Court but Deaconess and Portsburgh Court would be fab as well!!

Hi! I'll be studying Medical Sciences but I applied to Portsburgh, Deaconess and Salisbury too. They look really nice and I would love to have an en-suite:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending