Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am 21 and have only recently passed my test. I don't want to get my own car straight away. Instead I want to be a named driver on my dad's peugeot van. Can anyone give me a rough idea as to what the price would be for a year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshuaj1995)
    I am 21 and have only recently passed my test. I don't want to get my own car straight away. Instead I want to be a named driver on my dad's peugeot van. Can anyone give me a rough idea as to what the price would be for a year?
    Less than if you were to do it on your own.

ReputationRep:
    No. Try a comparison site, or ring up his currect insurer to find out what it would be to add you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's too many variables for someone on a forum to answer this. It will depend on the size of the van, the age of it, where you live, where the van is kept during the day/at night, what it's used for...your best bet is to ask the insurer directly. They can give you a no-obligation quote. When I first passed my test and was added to my partner's insurance on his car, it was about £25 if I just needed it for a week, or about £300 for the year.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Joshuaj1995)
    There's too many variables for someone on a forum to answer this. It will depend on the size of the van, the age of it, where you live, where the van is kept during the day/at night, what it's used for, which insurance company you are with etc. Your best bet is to ask the insurer directly. They can give you a quote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dontcallmesammy)
    There's too many variables for someone on a forum to answer this. It will depend on the size of the van, the age of it, where you live, where the van is kept during the day/at night, what it's used for...your best bet is to ask the insurer directly. They can give you a no-obligation quote. When I first passed my test and was added to my partner's insurance on his car, it was about £25 if I just needed it for a week, or about £300 for the year.
    I just got word back that it would cost £1,400......

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.