The Student Room Group

Art GCSE - how many pages of a subject is enough for a sufficient development?

My theme is "animals" and it wasn't made clear enough to me by my teacher that I was supposed to study one animal for a long period before going onto the next. I've just drawn several different animals without fully studying each one (oh no!).

Luckily I'm lazy and for some reason I left pages between each one. So what I have is Owl, Parrot, Deer, (but 4 single pages in between each seperate animal) and then a double spread of a cat and a dog, and then a double spread of a rabbit and a Blue Jay bird.

My question is, is 4 pages enough for a good development? I'm not sure what I'll do with the double pages, but basically, is there any rule for how much work you should do? I don't even know if there are any art students on this website, but has anyone done a similar mistake as I have?
It depends on the quality of your work - I know people who didn't produce much but they got A*s because their work was of a really high standard. I however, got an A as a product of doing as much as possible in different mediums like collage, photoshop and sometimes quick composition drawings.
Reply 2
Original post by depprcherry
It depends on the quality of your work - I know people who didn't produce much but they got A*s because their work was of a really high standard. I however, got an A as a product of doing as much as possible in different mediums like collage, photoshop and sometimes quick composition drawings.

Okay thanks, my teacher says I'm aiming for an A* so hopefully if I make the art really good I can make up for the lack of work.

Quick Reply

Latest