Did you grow taller after 18? Watch

ToussJ
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm 5'9" at 16, so I think I'm doing ok...unfortunately all my friends my age are 6 foot and above, and my cousin is 6'4"
BigMan Ting
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm 18 and stand at 5'7, my brother who is 15 is 5'9 already. My parents are not the tallest of people so I think my brother will probably end up around 5'10-5'11 when he's done growing. That said, I already started growing facial hair at 12 and my voice broke when I was 9/10 years old.
Ham22
Badges: 15
Report 2 years ago
I think men continue to grow for a while after 18 but women do not.
SteamboatMickey
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I haven't grown since I was 11
Spoiler:
Show

5 ft yup...
HumanDancer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm female and I have been 6'1 since I was roughly 11 years old. A small part of me wishes that I were a tad taller as my family are giants, but then again I doubt I need additional opportunities to smack my head on the top of a bus, a road sign, the top of my kitchen door frame...
RossB1702
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HumanDancer)
I'm female and I have been 6'1 since I was roughly 11 years old. A small part of me wishes that I were a tad taller as my family are giants, but then again I doubt I need additional opportunities to smack my head on the top of a bus, a road sign, the top of my kitchen door frame...
6ft1 at 11 years old...Jesus!

Posted from TSR Mobile
revolutioning
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
19 and 5'2... pretty happy with being fun size and height doesn't limit me necessarily as I find taller men (6'3) are more interested in petite girls! Embrace your height, 5'11 is perfect
Darksideous
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by ToussJ)
I'm 5'9" at 16, so I think I'm doing ok...unfortunately all my friends my age are 6 foot and above, and my cousin is 6'4"
I know a guy who was 6ft and claimed to be 6ft 3
butfirst_coffee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm 5'2 and turned 18 2 months ago. I was also wondering about this 😂. Though I think we're out of luck my friend.
Fuzzman
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did grow 5'10 at early 19. Getting taller since 18. not a big growth, but something i really wanted, as i haven't going through puberty for very long though
Drostina
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
5' 8'' for years and I don't regret any bit of it! Honestly my friend was tall and he always had some sort of issue, he didn't fit into certain cars/bus seats
Black Water
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Drostina)
5' 8'' for years and I don't regret any bit of it! Honestly my friend was tall and he always had some sort of issue, he didn't fit into certain cars/bus seats
Lol us short people don’t have them problems. I was like 5’7 when I was 16 and still thought I’m the same height at 18 but I found out today I’m 5’9 lol very close to 5’10 but I still feel I’m much shorter than that.
Drostina
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Black Water)
Lol us short people don’t have them problems. I was like 5’7 when I was 16 and still thought I’m the same height at 18 but I found out today I’m 5’9 lol very close to 5’10 but I still feel I’m much shorter than that.
Haha I know what you mean! The best part is a lot of people think finding a relationship is more difficult etc etc but its a myth, I had no problem doing anything even tho I am shorter than average
Pugglet
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
5'2 and proud
It may be irritating at times but been this height since I was 13
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
maybe a few cm? dunno dont measure myself...but I did get bigger weight and muscle mass wise.
I was practically this height as a teen tbh everyone thought my whole childhood that I was in an older year. ie: when I was 6 they thought i was 10..whatever that means. when i was 10 they thought i was 15. when i was 15 they thought grown man.
Black Water
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Drostina)
Haha I know what you mean! The best part is a lot of people think finding a relationship is more difficult etc etc but its a myth, I had no problem doing anything even tho I am shorter than average
Yeah height doesn’t really matter, and it’s better being this height, don’t want to be too tall now. Aren’t you above average height? I don’t even know what it is but I think I’m average
Black Water
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pugglet)
5'2 and proud
It may be irritating at times but been this height since I was 13
Ngl I feel like I’m 5’2 in my family
Pugglet
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ngl I feel like I’m 5’2 in my family
Literally
All my family are 6ft ish and then there is me
Drostina
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah height doesn’t really matter, and it’s better being this height, don’t want to be too tall now. Aren’t you above average height? I don’t even know what it is but I think I’m average
Hahaha its actually funny you ask that, few month ago I mentioned 5' 8'' was average height and quite few members had a laugh at me right here on TSR :rofl::rofl:
Black Water
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pugglet)
Literally
All my family are 6ft ish and then there is me
Lol unlucky 😂 I hate that my younger brother is taller than me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (267)
79.94%
Leave (67)
20.06%

Watched Threads