Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do on this?
    this was the most shocking result i received, ever.

I thought i did really well in this, got the quotations in, analysed in and related it to the question. I did everything that was asking for. I thought i'll end up with a A/B and felt rather confident about it, I ended up with a U.
    I know the best person to ask are my subject teachers but they were not present today and I am having the hardest time working out how i ended up with that grade.
    Ironically, the other english lit paper i did i ended up with a better result despite not feeling confident about that at all.

ReputationRep:
    I thought I did well in that, like an A, but I got a C. Nearly everyone in my year failed English Lit, or only got a C. I got an E on the Texts in Context paper

What did it bring your overall mark down to?

ReputationRep:
    The same thing happened with me however the exam board was AQA. I thought I would perhaps get a B but I got a U! I thought I would have known if I had done that badly. I got a b with coursework and full marks on the modern novel

ReputationRep:
    I got an A, Wise Children was my best paper

ReputationRep:
    This was the exam I came out of thinking I had honestly got a U.
    I cameout today with 72/90 and an A. I honestly coudnt believe it!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I was 4 marks off a B in Wise Children, now I look at my results. I think I'll definitely resit at least that one, if not both.

ReputationRep:
    For everyone who got a good grade on this paper, is the question you answered the "how is Dora/Nora presented in the novel" question?
    If it is, then could you please quickly summarise how you approached the question and hopefully I will be able to understand why i did so badly.

I thought I did well in that, like an A, but I got a C. Nearly everyone in my year failed English Lit, or only got a C. I got an E on the Texts in Context paper

What did it bring your overall mark down to?
    It brought it down alot:

Unit 1: 69/90 (CW) = B (high B)
    Unit 2: 27/90 (U)
    Unit 3: 66/120 (D)

Partly I did poor in unit 3 aswel but unit 2 hurt me the most, especially when i thought that was the one I nailed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cristiano12)
    It brought it down alot:

Unit 1: 69/90 (CW) = B (high B)
    Unit 2: 27/90 (U)
    Unit 3: 66/120 (D)

Partly I did poor in unit 3 aswel but unit 2 hurt me the most, especially when i thought that was the one I nailed.
    Same here:

Unit One: 90/90 (CW) = A
    Unit 2: 59/90 = C
    Unit 3: 52/120 = E

So granted, I did better on the Wise Children paper, but my Unit 3 was appalling. If I hadn't got full marks on the coursework, I'm so sure I would have failed completely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cristiano12)
    If it is, then could you please quickly summarise how you approached the question and hopefully I will be able to understand why i did so badly.
    I can't remember what exactly I wrote, but I just talked about magic realism, carnivalesque, narrative voice etc etc that i found interesting.

ReputationRep:
    yes i was a bit disappointed with my D in the Wise children unit.

I thought i'd end up with B/A on this unit. I did the 'How does carter present tristram and tiffany' question.
    Anyone considering re-marks?

Got a C overall in eng lit

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember what exactly I wrote, but I just talked about magic realism, carnivalesque, narrative voice etc etc that i found interesting.
    Yeah, I got all that in.
    I got all the themes in, had tons of quotation supporting them and analysed and related it to the question. I am horrified why I got a U!

So gonna pay that £10 to get my paper back, either they have gone wrong in marking (unlikely) or theres something really wrong with my exam technique/knowledge/understanding.

ReputationRep:
    I screwed up Wise Children as well, I always knew that this was going to be my worst paper, but I thought I would get about a low C, but I ended up one mark above an E!

I've already decided that I'm going to resit, but I was wondering whether or not I should get a photocopy of my script to see where I went wrong? Does anyone think this would work???

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.