psychology Watch

m300
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
as im doing aqa for psycholgy ,
paper1 consits of the topics : social influence, memory and attachment
paper 2 consits of the topics: approaches in psychology, psychopathology and research methods
im confused as to what units paper 1 and paper2 refer to on the aqa website does anyone know??? much appreciated
TSR Jessica
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Danny Dorito)
x
Nataliem24
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by m300)
as im doing aqa for psycholgy ,
paper1 consits of the topics : social influence, memory and attachment
paper 2 consits of the topics: approaches in psychology, psychopathology and research methods
im confused as to what units paper 1 and paper2 refer to on the aqa website does anyone know??? much appreciated
Here's the AQA specification: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psych...on-at-a-glance

If you're not sitting AS exams (because you don't need to) then ignore the AS section as it is confusing.
If you are then basically you sit 2 exams at the end of AS which are 1hr 30 minutes each. Paper 1 (1st exam) is made up of social influence, memory and attachment like you said. Paper 2 (2nd exam) is approaches, psychopathology and research methods.

Once onto A2 content those AS exams have no contribution to your final grade (hence why you don't have to sit them) as the content is tested again at the A2 exams. For A2 you will sit 3 exams which are 2hrs each and this time: Paper 1 is social influence, memory, attachment AND psychopathology. Paper 2 is approaches, biopsychology and research methods. Paper 3 is issues and debates (compulsory) and then your teacher will pick which optional topics you will take. The optional topics are split into 3 groups (below) so your teacher chooses one from each category.
Option 1: Relationships, Gender or Cognition and development
Option 2: Schizophrenia, Eating behaviour or StressOption 3: Aggression, Forensic Psychology or Addiction

If this hasn't answered your question let me know and i'll try my best help you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19
  • De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19

Do you give blood?