Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well basically my results weren't that brilliant - I got the alphabet :rolleyes:

Graphics = A, Geography = B, English Language = C, Maths = D

Well basically I'm dropping Maths so I'm taking into A2 an A, B and C grade:

Graphics: 280/300 - very happy with that!

Geography: (my 'natural' subject :rolleyes: )
    Unit 6471 - 68/100 (C)
    Unit 6472 - 60/100 (C)
    Unit 6473 (coursework) - 100/100 (A)

English Language:
    ENB1 - 44/105 (E) :eek: :eek: :eek:
    ENB2 - 70/105 (C)
    ENB3 (coursework) - 81/90 (A)

It's annoying as I always do really well in the cw but I let myself down in the exams I'm totally at loss as to what units to retake. I'm 12 marks away from getting an A in Geography and 15 marks away from getting a B in English Language.

Now for Geography should I retake both 6471 and 6472 units or just unit 6472 and aim for 72/100 to just get an A which I know I can do? For English Language I intend to retake ENB1 but I'm not sure whether I should retake ENB2? This could all add up to 4 retakes!!!!!

AND
    My sixth form does not all students to retake in January, it can only be done in the summer :mad: Is there any way of retaking these modules independtly out of college?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I would advise u to concentrate only on ENB1 and 6472. Its much easier to have to resits in January and do well than have four!!

Hope it helped...

ReputationRep:
    Or you could go private.. there would let you do resits in janurary and do the rest of a2s in june.. i have the same problem as you i think leaving sixth form is the best choice if you want to go uni next year

ReputationRep:
    i'd suggest retaking only enb1 and one of the geography modules -- discuss with your teachers which geography module will fit best with your a2 geography course; if there's one that revising extensively for could benefit your a2 work to reduce the stress of sitting retakes with a2 modules. alternatively, retake the geography module you liked best -- the more you enjoy it, the more likely you are to work harder for it and do well in it.

i suggest that if you decide to retake both geography modules, you definitely only retake enb1 -- your enb2 ums is perfectly fine; you can, if you work hard, pull your grade up enough with just enb1. and retaking both units in both subjects would be the equivalent of redoing the course but without the coursework -- something i'd imagine would be quite stressful to do whilst learning/revising for a2 modules too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pippaaa)
    i'd suggest retaking only enb1 and one of the geography modules -- discuss with your teachers which geography module will fit best with your a2 geography course; if there's one that revising extensively for could benefit your a2 work to reduce the stress of sitting retakes with a2 modules. alternatively, retake the geography module you liked best -- the more you enjoy it, the more likely you are to work harder for it and do well in it.

i suggest that if you decide to retake both geography modules, you definitely only retake enb1 -- your enb2 ums is perfectly fine; you can, if you work hard, pull your grade up enough with just enb1. and retaking both units in both subjects would be the equivalent of redoing the course but without the coursework -- something i'd imagine would be quite stressful to do whilst learning/revising for a2 modules too.
    Cheers for everyone's advice - it has helped a lot
    At the moment I am thinking as you say of retaking ENB1 and one of the geography module's (6472) - it's the one I got the lowest score in and funnily enough it's the one I enjoy the most I'll just have to talk to my teachers now

ReputationRep:
    Definitely retake ENB1, your general understanding of what is required should improve naturally this year anyway. Perhaps request your exam back. If you're capable of getting a C in ENB2 it's obvious you're secure enough with the frameworks - perhaps it was your essay structure or style that let you down? This is worth finding out, because you certainly don't want to make the same mistake again! It might be worth trying to persuade your school to let you retake it in January, though if they really won't budge I don't think it would be the end of the world. It would be early anyway (late May) so hopefully wouldn't be too close to your A2 exams, and I really think the extra time spent studying the subject can only help. It wouldn't require much revision, just a quick brush-up on the format of the exam.

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.