Turn on thread page Beta

Barclays emergency borrowing increased? watch

ReputationRep:
    The other day I logged into my account to see that a few days ago (before putting money in), I was -19quid in emergency borrowing. I dont know how this is possible as the possible emergency borrowing is only 10 quid? I have tried to withdraw a tenner before when I was in the minuses and it does not work, but my statements show that I withdrew a tenner from an ATM when I was already -4quid in my emergency borrowing and then I paid a transaction with my card and ended up -19quid.How was this possible?

I thought they might have changed the emergency borrowing limit to 20 quid but my account says I have 10 quid emergency borrowing as I have always had...

(Note that none of the overdraft stuff applies to me, I am not eligible for anything like that because I dont have the residency requirements)

ReputationRep:
    Debit card transactions cannot be 'stopped' as such - sometimes things will 'cross': there was enough money in the account when the debit card transaction was approved but then money is taken out somehow and the card purchase, already approved, pushes the account into unauthorised lending. The availability or otherwise of a formal overdraft is irrelevant.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.