The Student Room Group

css Logo Help

I need to create the following image in to a css logo. It would be helpful if somebody could help me. I have tried to use -moz-border-radius and border-radius but it hasnt turned out right.

logo.jpg
why would you want to create a logo using css? why not link the image file using "img" tags?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by s4b3rt00th
why would you want to create a logo using css? why not link the image file using "img" tags?

Because it uses considerably less data to serve the logo, as it's just serving a string. Apple do this for the majority of their icons etc.

OP: Try something like this - http://codepen.io/blazeeboy/pen/bCaLE
Reply 3
Use SVG
Original post by IWMTom
Use SVG

SVG load times are worse than PNG's.
Reply 5
Original post by iainvg
SVG load times are worse than PNG's.

Negligably; the web is moving forward, and it's slowly becoming the standard.
Original post by IWMTom
Negligably; the web is moving forward, and it's slowly becoming the standard.

I'm sure you are aware that as mobile became more prevalent than desktop use for the internet as of last week, that SVG's being not negligibly, but as little as 4 times the size of a comparable PNG, that is not a small concern.

SVG is not becoming a standard for anything, the drafts keep getting rebuffed due to lack of scalability. As it's generally implemented currently, it relies on XSLT, which has all but died, newer implementations just aren't stable.

Using the argument that the web is moving forward is getting boring, it's been moving forward for 25 years. It won't go any faster when people keep trying to insist on using resource files which just don't work with where the web is progressing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending