Resitting? Watch

Joanna May
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
How many marks from a grade do you have to be for it to be worht resitting?

I'm currently 18 marks short of an A in Politics, and I plan to resit it, because it would mean getting 68% rather than 50%, which I'm fairly sure I could do. I also plan to resit my English, because I'm 9 marks off a B with a C and an E in the written papers, and I know I can do (and should have done) better.

However, in German, I'm 11 marks away from an A, and I'm not entirely sure that I could make up those marks. I might be able to, but I don't really know. Is it worth me resitting this paper? Also, being 3 marks short of an A in French, is it worth resitting both papers? It's such a small amount that it should be possible to make up on one paper, but doing two increases the chances of getting it, doesn't it?
Azza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm going to resit History because I'm 7 marks off a C, I think I could make that up. Anything higher than about 10 marks I don't think It'd be worth it though.
Joanna May
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Yeah. I'm only doing the politics at 18 marks because I did so much worse than my usual on that one paper. If it was trying to raise from, say, 70 to 88, I wouldn't bother. But 68% is something I'm capable of.

I'm really tempted by German, but I don't want to add stress onto myself in January by resitting six exams overall, plus the A2 module I have then. If I don't resit the German, I'll still have five though, so it wouldn't make much of a difference.
Cristiano12
Report 11 years ago
On the topic of resitting, how many exams does the average A2 student resit?

I will be resitting 6 altogether in Jan., is that too much?
bangler
Report 11 years ago
Do as many as you believe you can realistically manage - dont forget that you will be getting to grips with A2 course content which might take a while to get your head around. But if you plan it well and start studying er, soon as - then you can do it !
Erzan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I am resisting two or three of my modules in January and maybe two more in June. I guess it all depends on whether you believe you can manage the workload. Some people i guess will struggle learning A2 course content while revising over As, however i know a few people who have completed As and A2 in one year.

I've spotted my mistakes and will learn from them quickly, plus i do not find A2 as hard as i expected, for now anyway. So i think i can handle three modules for January.
bangler
Report 11 years ago
oh, one more point - look at the examinations timetable for june 08 - it often happens that A2's finish earlier than AS's - well for my board neway i think. My chem teacher said if we wanted to resit, dont do em in jan - do an A2 module in january(mod 4) - and do the AS repeats in june because there was a big gap between A2 and AS in the summer exam series and you would have a few weeks to cram for the AS repeats ... mayb its just chem and ccea - but worth a look ... some strategic callender management might pay off!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads