The Student Room Group

What do people feel about aging?

Does it bother you at all? If so what aspects? Mobility? Physical Appearance?
Yes
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
I would impale entire nations to stop it.
I feel

Spoiler

Reply 4
We all get older so no.
I think it might start to bother me if i became less mobile but i don't mind my looks aging particularly, in fact it'd be nice to look older:P
Reply 6
An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Never bothers me, although I turned 21 on the 16th and I found myself thinking about aging and how time seems to be going by so quickly.
Reply 8
Original post by cats_and_music

Actively looking forwards to being old with each passing day.
wanna slow down aging? drink 2-3L of water a day
Reply 10
It's depressing

You can insult anyone you want.......
Physical appearance doesn't bother me as much. I want to keep my mobility as I can be independent and go where ever I want without needing help.
Reply 13
it scares me
even thinking of me being over 20 am like :eek: nope
its prob one of my biggest fears i think... to slowly fade away alone
i look at those really old people that come on the bus and take like 20 minutes to sit down in their actual seat
and i think about how at some point they were my age, they were making silly mistakes and laughing and joking around with their mates, their whole lives ahead of them
now their mates are probably dead, their kids prob only visit like twice a year, their grandkids are glued to their phones
such a depressing life i swear
Reply 14
What do I think of aging????

Well... it happens to the best of us I guess? :erm:
It scares and depresses me. Not being able to remember things, not being able to hear properly, needing a carer, not being able to walk properly, all of it pretty much. And yes, the thought of my appearance changing freaks me out like my hairline thinning, having grey hair, wrinkles and a bad posture. And just not being able to have the energy and impulsiveness that I have now. I feel really sorry for the elderly
Original post by Abcdefghijk123
It scares and depresses me. Not being able to remember things, not being able to hear properly, needing a carer, not being able to walk properly, all of it pretty much. And yes, the thought of my appearance changing freaks me out like my hairline thinning, having grey hair, wrinkles and a bad posture. And just not being able to have the energy and impulsiveness that I have now. I feel really sorry for the elderly

All of the above. There's not really a lot to be done about it, other than trying to keep in shape.

However bad aging is, it's better than the (current) alternative!
Reply 17
i mean you're basically a baby but no one wants to be near you bc you dont look like one
atleast babies are cute
Original post by RogerOxon
All of the above. There's not really a lot to be done about it, other than trying to keep in shape.

However bad aging is, it's better than the (current) alternative!
Yes true, and also it's not going to happen for a good few years so that's a relief. Yes you're right - at least if you're ageing, you're still able to experience things
Original post by z33
i mean you're basically a baby but no one wants to be near you bc you dont look like one
atleast babies are cute
So true

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending