Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I really can't stand missing out on social occasions, no matter how small they are. It's getting to be a problem. With certain friends and certain things, it is worse than others, for example I hate missing out on evening-type things more than daytime things.

Often the reason I'm missing it is due to the fact I'm working and I get this horrible panicky feeling if I feel like I'm going to miss out on something and when I find out I've missed out, I get REALLY upset. Like insanely upset. And this can last for days. It sounds really stupid and over-dramatic but I've been this way ever since I was a kid. I'm 18 now; you'd have thought I would have grown out of it by now lol. But I haven't at all.

This is why I cannot understand people who continuously flake on really fun plans. They obviously don't care about missing out and would rather stay at home, being bored. I'm always up for anything and I'm often available at really short notice and I worry that this makes me rather sad, or someone that you can just hang around with when there is no one else.

I'm just wondering - does anyone else ever feel like this? Because it seems to me that most people are more than happy to constantly flake on plans and miss out. And also, how can I get over this?

ReputationRep:
    Not so much anymore, but yeah I used to feel similar. Though my issue was I never get invited out, so I missed out on everything.

Can you not ask people to reschedule so it fits in with your work?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.