Turn on thread page Beta

Post Aea Results Here watch

ReputationRep:
    rather typical

distinction in maths ..a little bit better than i thought ..*_*

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to find out what UMS you actually got as my results statement (AQA) only says the grade for AEA

ReputationRep:
    Distinction for English AEA, which I was really surprised about. Yes, I'd like to know the UMS score for my AEA, too.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the exam board - I know CCEA give you the raw mark but I don't think anyone else does.

ReputationRep:
    I did aea Spanish, and got a Merit... The teacher had the raw marks and told me it, I was 5 marks off a distinction...

Anyway, so maybe trying asking your teacher if you want the raw mark

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if we can get the papers back? Just for pure curiousity value of course, I can't remember anything I wrote and I'd like a look . RE the point of the thread, I got 2 distinctions (english and history) and a merit (chemistry).

ReputationRep:
    Distinction in Maths for me too

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way of finding out your score on AEAs? I got Merit and was wondering how good a Merit I got!

ReputationRep:
    got a merit AEA maths

only person in 4+ years to pass it at my college

so im well chuffed

ReputationRep:
    I got U at AEA. Didn't prepare proper though. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Merit on Business studies and merit on economics

ReputationRep:
    Merit for Religious Studies
    U for German

ReputationRep:
    In theory you should be able to get your paper back via your school/college but I don't think they give them back without a good reason.

ReputationRep:
    Distinction in Critical Thinking AEA!!!! Totally unexpected, especially as I ended up with a B (4 marks off an A) at the Critical Thinking A-level.

I think my marks (raw; no UMS at AEA) were 11 + 15 + 18 = 44 (I looked at the school's sheets) which is an almost borderline distinction (9 + 19 + 11 = 39 out of a possible 15 + 30 + 20 = 65).

ReputationRep:
    By looking at the statistics, it seems Arts AEAs are much, much easier to pass than science AEAs. The pass percentage (i.e those getting Merit and above) in science subjects is around 30-35%, whereas in arts it is more around the 50-60%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    By looking at the statistics, it seems Arts AEAs are much, much easier to pass than science AEAs. The pass percentage (i.e those getting Merit and above) in science subjects is around 30-35%, whereas in arts it is more around the 50-60%.

Is Psychology an art or a science because 70% of people failed.

ReputationRep:
    Heya!
    I got a merit for AEA Economics.. just 2 marks off a distinction!
    I'm ecstatic!!

ReputationRep:
    Merit in maths, although I wish I'd tried harder. I was really worried since the maths teacher had to fight to let me take the exam, and so it would have been a little embarassing getting nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Of course, to really see whether arts AEAs are easier than science ones, we would need to know what percentage of those taking each subject took the AEA, it could be that arts subjects are more self selecting.

ReputationRep:
    I'm one of the 70% that failed my Psychology AEA then! I'm not surprised and really couldn't care less though- I got an A for the A Level and my Psychology teacher (who has a degree in it and has been teaching A Level for about 5 years) only got a Merit. He said that it was 'just a bit of fun' and he didn't mind at all, he was just glad I'd done so well in the exam that mattered for me to get into uni. At least I got a school trip out of it!

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.