Turn on thread page Beta

I am deeply shocked and hurt after what just occured watch

ReputationRep:
    I just ordered a cup of tea from a local coffee shop. They asked if I would like milk and I said yes of course (I'm not an animal), presuming - quite fancifully in hindsight - that they would provide a separate jug. I noticed she was preparing the tea not in a pot, not even in a cup, but in a mug; however I was in a forgiving mood and let her continue erroneously. What happened next will turn even the strongest stomach: The woman proceeded to pour milk into the mug WITH THE TEA BAG STILL INSIDE. I thought with certainty my eyes had deceived me; I felt queasy and everything became grey and distorted. Fortunately an old lady next to me generously proffered her arm in order to keep me in the vertical. Her face also told a story of horror and disgust at what we had both just witnessed, in broad daylight no less.

When the woman unabashedly passed me the brown-white mixture with the ominously floating tea bag inside, I told her frankly but firmly that in no way did my accepting her offer of milk give her tacit consent to degrade both the tea and I. She outright refused to offer a fresh cup, which would have been the end of this story had she not also refused to accept the error in her tea making. I told her that I had it on good authority, from Confucius to Orwell, that at no point may the milk touch the tea while the bag remains submerged. How stubborn she was! At this point I declined payment and also lashed out, inappropriately but understandably given the circumstances, at the nearest baked good on display, throwing its crumbling remains into the mug of desecrated tea.

The woman finally shouted that I am not to return and I replied, over my shoulder, that not for all the tea in Ceylon would I return to such a mockery of English brewing establishments. I was disappointed the old lady did not follow me out in mutual protest but quietly respected her commitment to obtain a cup of tea, however poor the quality thereof.

Should I take this matter further?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macromicro)
    Most certainly, she ought be banished by society. Her actions were most decidedly inhumane

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I just ordered a cup of tea from a local coffee shop. They asked if I would like milk and I said yes of course (I'm not an animal), presuming - quite fancifully in hindsight - that they would provide a separate jug. I noticed she was preparing the tea not in a pot, not even in a cup, but in a mug; however I was in a forgiving mood and let her continue erroneously. What happened next will turn even the strongest stomach: The woman proceeded to pour milk into the mug WITH THE TEA BAG STILL INSIDE. I thought with certainty my eyes had deceived me; I felt queasy and everything became grey and distorted. Fortunately an old lady next to me generously proffered her arm in order to keep me in the vertical. Her face also told a story of horror and disgust at what we had both just witnessed, in broad daylight no less.

When the woman unabashedly passed me the brown-white mixture with the ominously floating tea bag inside, I told her frankly but firmly that in no way did my accepting her offer of milk give her tacit consent to degrade both the tea and I. She outright refused to offer a fresh cup, which would have been the end of this story had she not also refused to accept the error in her tea making. I told her that I had it on good authority, from Confucius to Orwell, that at no point may the milk touch the tea while the bag remains submerged. How stubborn she was! At this point I declined payment and also lashed out, inappropriately but understandably given the circumstances, at the nearest baked good on display, throwing its crumbling remains into the mug of desecrated tea.

The woman finally shouted that I am not to return and I replied, over my shoulder, that not for all the tea in Ceylon would I return to such a mockery of English brewing establishments. I was disappointed the old lady did not follow me out in mutual protest but quietly respected her commitment to obtain a cup of tea, however poor the quality thereof.

This is the best thing I have ever read... ever.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    This is so refreshing. Usually I just see threads hating on people but you put effort into this, there's a conceivable plot, good character development (you had me rooting for the elderly woman!) and a relatable topic.

Solid 8/10. Well done OP. Will read again, for sure.

And yes, you should absolutely take it to the top. This is an outrage.

ReputationRep:
    :tee:
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by iEthan)
    This is so refreshing. Usually I just see threads hating on people but you put effort into this, there's a conceivable plot, good character development (you had me rooting for the elderly woman!) and a relatable topic.

Solid 8/10. Well done OP. Will read again, for sure.

And yes, you should absolutely take it to the top. This is an outrage.
    Ofc if only all TSR were like this.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Ofc if only all TSR were like this.
    We'd be living the dream, I tell you. The dream. We can only hope.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    drama kween
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Triggered #vegan

ReputationRep:

she didn't even let it brew

ReputationRep:
    Seriously??😆😂
    I always make my tea like that. I add the milk then take the teabag out.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I knew the OP reminded me of someone. He was in the news recently or a relative.

Storm in a teacup! Customer calls in police as he rows with cafe staff over 9p TEABAG and then pens negative TripAdvisor review while still sitting at his table

Roberto Lattarulo kicked off when he was given a lemon and ginger teabag instead of lemongrass and ginger teabag in London cafe Birdie Num Nums He began writing a bad review of the establishment while sitting at table Owner Sevjan Melissa asked him to leave - Mr Lattarulo called the police
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...9p-TEABAG.html

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.