Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I've been hearing a lot of positive things about Aberystwyth universities international relations repuation, and was thinking about applying after my fourth year.

I am currently a political science major at a Canadian university which lists its GPA on a 9.0 scale. I currently have a 6.0/9.0 also seen as a B. I can get into most schools in Canada as my last 2 years are much higher, and most only look at the last 2, but Aberystwyth looks and sounds breathtaking. However my cumulative GPA is a B and UK only takes in account Cgpa.

So with that said, has anyone applied from a Canadian school and gotten in with a similar GPA? Or does anyone know the grade requirements generally asked when getting into postgraduate studies at Aberystwyth?

Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Have you looked at the entry requirements on the website? That should give you an idea.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi! Here's a link with some information I hope you'll find useful. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you require any further info.

(Original post by ollongjohnson)
    Hey everyone! I've been hearing a lot of positive things about Aberystwyth universities international relations repuation, and was thinking about applying after my fourth year.

I am currently a political science major at a Canadian university which lists its GPA on a 9.0 scale. I currently have a 6.0/9.0 also seen as a B. I can get into most schools in Canada as my last 2 years are much higher, and most only look at the last 2, but Aberystwyth looks and sounds breathtaking. However my cumulative GPA is a B and UK only takes in account Cgpa.

So with that said, has anyone applied from a Canadian school and gotten in with a similar GPA? Or does anyone know the grade requirements generally asked when getting into postgraduate studies at Aberystwyth?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aberystwyth University)
    Hi! Here's a link with some information I hope you'll find useful. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you require any further info.
    Hey, sorry I did not receive a link
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ollongjohnson)
    Hey, sorry I did not receive a link
    Apologies! Here you go... https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/internatio...es/welcome-ca/

ReputationRep:
    I did my BSc Econ at Aber and I have a Canadian friend who visited for a semester, from Vancouver, and she loved it. Aber InterPol is a wonderful department and Aberystwyth is a lovely place to live and study!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.