The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
Fleece
BBC Radio One? A popular choice.

hey, thanks, I went there but there is written "windows media player (for UK only)" :frown: so it doesn´t work... :/ any others?
Reply 2041
You can listen to it with Realplayer? Or should be able to.
Reply 2042
Yeah, but I haven´t installed it yet and now my memory capicity (?) is full.... it says that it needs more than 130 MB which I don´t have ;(
Reply 2043
Ahh lame :frown:

Hmm..

http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/englishradiostations.html

that any use?

I think most will require Real Player or WMP though.
Reply 2044
I have WMP... the list is nice, but there are toooo much and I don´t know how to choose the most popular/the best... sometimes I´m listening to BFBS Radio 1 but I want to try something new... but thanks! :smile:
Reply 2045
Maybe try Virgin Radio? It's one of the big ones.
Hey guys, have any of you done/are doing the German AEA? I need to decide soon, but I'm still not sure whether to do it :s-smilie: It's on the same day as my Chemistry synoptic and the day after my Biology synoptic, so I won't have much time to prepare (if at all). I've had a quick look at the specimen paper and the essay seems very daunting.
Reply 2047
Excalibur
Hey guys, have any of you done/are doing the German AEA? I need to decide soon, but I'm still not sure whether to do it :s-smilie: It's on the same day as my Chemistry synoptic and the day after my Biology synoptic, so I won't have much time to prepare (if at all). I've had a quick look at the specimen paper and the essay seems very daunting.

Well, since the result probably won't matter that much anyway (seeing as it isn't part of your offer), why not just do it for fun, without much preparation?:dontknow:
Reply 2048
:dito:

I took it, and there was no pressure, cos it didn't matter, it was just an extra thing that you could either pass or fail - if you got it then great, if you don't, you've not lost anything.
Reply 2049
Hallo alle zusammen!

Wie gehts? Ich bin gut aber die Zeit geht so langsam! Ich moechte mehr schreiben aber ich habe nichts zu sagen :/ Mein Leben ist langweilig! Ich will in Deutschland sein, weil es schoener ist und ich glaube Leben ist mehr zwanglos(?). Ich mag wie Leute Fahrrad [everywhere] fahren!

Naja ich kann kein* mehr sagen also tschuess

I've probably got a lot wrong eh? I'm useless at remembering every little detail every time I write :p:

*what ending does kein take since it doesn't refer to a noun?
Made sense to me, lol...

Hallo! Ich bin erkältet und sehr müde. Auch, muss ich meine Oral machen... Es ist am Freitag, und ich habe keine Einleitung :p: :redface: :eek: Also... Tchüss!

(General, I'll reply later on today, need to write this first! :rolleyes: )
wtid
Hallo alle zusammen!

Wie gehts? Ich bin gut aber die Zeit geht so langsam! Ich moechte mehr schreiben aber ich habe nichts zu sagen :/ Mein Leben ist langweilig! Ich will in Deutschland sein, weil es schoener ist und ich glaube Leben ist mehr zwanglos(?).
Zwangloser (= pointless-er = more pointless). You never use "mehr" with an adjective.

wtid
Ich mag wie Leute Fahrrad [everywhere] fahren!
Dass, not wie. (+ obligatory comma.) Everywhere = überall.

wtid
Naja ich kann kein* mehr sagen also tschuess
Nichts.
Reply 2052
Originally Posted by wtid

generalebriety

Dass, not wie. (+ obligatory comma.) Everywhere = überall.

But then it´s a different meaning!

"Ich mag (es), wie Leute Fahrrad fahren" means that you like how people do that,
whereas

"Ich mag, dass Leute Fahrrad fahren" means that you like that people do that (and not drive by car or something like that).

But I agree with you that wtid probably didn´t think of the elegant way how people bicycle :biggrin: but that they do it at all... just wanted to add this.:wink:
Reply 2053
Yeah I meant what Billy said, just that in English you can say "i like how people ride bicycles" meaning you like the fact that people ride them. I tried to say that (to be honest I didn't think it would work in German as I suppose it's not grammatically correct in English either).
gembarla
Originally Posted by wtid

But then it´s a different meaning!

"Ich mag (es), wie Leute Fahrrad fahren" means that you like how people do that,
whereas

"Ich mag, dass Leute Fahrrad fahren" means that you like that people do that (and not drive by car or something like that).

But I agree with you that wtid probably didn´t think of the elegant way how people bicycle :biggrin: but that they do it at all... just wanted to add this.:wink:

I know, but (as wtid says) if you say "I like how people ride bikes" in English, you often mean "I like the fact that people ride bikes". :wink: I'm not sure how grammatically acceptable it is, but it certainly happens.
Reply 2055
okay, I didn´t know that ;-)

I have a question, i´m not sure whether it has to be "just as" or "just like" ?
in the context "just as/like she behaves" "just as/like we saw in the movie"
which do i have to choose?
Reply 2056

edit: and another question: how do i have to translate "ich fahre an deinem haus vorbei" ? i´m driving [word] your house ...?
gembarla

edit: and another question: how do i have to translate "ich fahre an deinem haus vorbei" ? i´m driving [word] your house ...?

I think just as/just like are pretty much interchangeable... although other people can confirm that!

The word you're looking for is "past", I think.
Reply 2058
ok, thanks!
and sorry for the doppelpost, think i´ve interchanged "edit" and "quote" :redface:
Reply 2059
gembarla
ok, thanks!
and sorry for the doppelpost, think i´ve interchanged "edit" and "quote" :redface:

"Confused".:wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending