Turn on thread page Beta

German learners' society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    mein lieblingsurlaubziel ist das Disneyland in Paris weil...............
    in Disneyland, gibt es viel zu tun wie zum beispiel.....................

fill the sentence please someone rofl

ReputationRep:
    LOL, in our last german oral lesson we got onto the topic of D.L Paris somehow and we ended up sharing our experiences of not being let on rides.

Can anyone tell me what the difference between a Pfarrer and a Priester is? I didn't write their definitions down and LEO tells me that Priester doesn't really exist and Pfarrer is a priest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piece-of-me)
    mein lieblingsurlaubziel ist das Disneyland in Paris weil...............
    in Disneyland, gibt es viel zu tun wie zum beispiel.....................

fill the sentence please someone rofl
    In Disneyland gibt es viel zu tun wie zum beispiel ALLES (oder mehr serios... Space Mountain und die Disney Channel studios)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks wtid, that was helpful.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Can anyone tell me what the difference between a Pfarrer and a Priester is? I didn't write their definitions down and LEO tells me that Priester doesn't really exist and Pfarrer is a priest.
    Priester = Catholic priest
    Pfarrer = more or less generic for all types of priests (i.e. including vicars and curates and whatnot)

So you could say "ein katholischer Pfarrer" but not "ein evangelischer Priester".
    Does that make any sense?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, that makes perfect sense!

Vielen Dank!

ReputationRep:
    I just had my german oral today, and I managed to make the role-plays really awkaward for my teacher (because all the stuff I came up with apparantly covered every element in both role-plays. =D)!

@kiss_me_now9:
    Ouu, thank you for posting the questinos! ^__^, they look hard!! 0_0
    Eeeeek.. *flips dictionary and attempts to write a sentence*

(Original post by hobnob)
    What do you mean?:confused: There are far more books
    being translated from English into other languages than the other way around. And it's ridiculously easy to get hold of foreign language books nowadays, thanks to amazon etc. - lack of availability certainly won't work as an excuse here.

OK, you're not actually being serious, are you?
    Heyhos Hobnob,
    Sorry it just appears to me that there the proportion of translated books in English in Germany seems to be bigger(my friend took some photos and it looks like Germany has quite a lot of English stuff around compared to here), I assume it mostly because I don't understand a lot of things yet. :p: Sorry about that assumption!

And it just appears to me that the students in Germany seem to study a lot more so I was just wondering if it for all of the subjects and etc (they seem to be really good!)...XD Sorry if it sounds wrong. >__<
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    No need to apologise, I just think you're giving us far too much credit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nimbus)
    @kiss_me_now9:
    Ouu, thank you for posting the questinos! ^__^, they look hard!! 0_0
    Eeeeek.. *flips dictionary and attempts to write a sentence*
    K/P :p:

They're not really that hard when you've read the book and understand the question - The two a) questions that I put are 'easier' and ones that I have actually either planned or written already, wheras the b)'s to me look evil! I would not touch the Besuch b question with a bargepole, there's too much to say and it's too specific. With the 50/50 b) question, again it's specifics that I'm not too hot on.

Was that your 'official' oral?

ReputationRep:
    @hobnob:
    lol!XD okay.

@kiss_me_now9:
    Oh I see! Well, I am always scared of any kind of essay questions.XD
    Oh yeah, it was. The role-plays weren't really role-plays and I mucked up the l last two questions in my second unit (for one of them, I literally said "I think being a Mechanic is a boring job, because it's..boring, and that's because it's..er..boring."XD, and another: "I would like to be an artist, but I am not keen in the arts" then I realised that that didn't make sense, ehehehehe). It would be intersting to see what I get at the end. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Mmm, I remember making a few of them... In one of my practice (admitedly, French) orals apparently I asked for directions to the war and not the train station!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nimbus)
    @hobnob:
    lol!XD okay.

@kiss_me_now9:
    Oh I see! Well, I am always scared of any kind of essay questions.XD
    Oh yeah, it was. The role-plays weren't really role-plays and I mucked up the l last two questions in my second unit (for one of them, I literally said "I think being a Mechanic is a boring job, because it's..boring, and that's because it's..er..boring."XD, and another: "I would like to be an artist, but I am not keen in the arts" then I realised that that didn't make sense, ehehehehe). It would be intersting to see what I get at the end. :p:
    Well at least you realised what you said ... imagine if you'd not realised and just gone on and on with this...

ReputationRep:
    Guten Abend. Ich bin ein 18-jaehriger Englaender und ich studiere Deutsch fuer das Abitur. Naechstes Jahr werde ich Deutsch an der Uni studieren. Jedoch muss ich gute Noten bekommen. Moechten Sie mit mir sprechen?

ReputationRep:
    Gibt es jemand hier, die fliessend Deutsch spricht? Das waere toll. Enschuldigung, dass ich Umlaute nicht benutzt habe!

ReputationRep:
    Welche Universitaat ? Ich werde (lol, ich hoffe) an Kent studieren!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Richard519)
    Gibt es jemand hier, die fliessend Deutsch spricht? Das waere toll. Enschuldigung, dass ich Umlaute nicht benutzt habe!
    Ja, es gibt hier einige Deutsche. Willkommen - wo wirst du studieren?

ReputationRep:
    Ich hoffe, an Warwick Uni zu studieren, und es ist meine erste Wahl. Woher kommst du?

ReputationRep:
    Ich habe Angst davor, dass ich meine Verdolmetschungpruefung in ein paar Wochen machen muss, also muss ich versuchen, mehr Vokabular und und Saetze zu lernen.

ReputationRep:
    Also, was denken Sie ueber die Donaudampfschiffahrtselektrizit ¤tenhauptbetriebswerk-
    bauunterbeamtengesellschaft nach? Ich habe noch nicht eine Entscheidung getroffen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard519)
    Guten Abend. Ich bin ein 18-jaehriger Englaender und ich studiere Deutsch fuer das Abitur. Naechstes Jahr werde ich Deutsch an der Uni studieren. Jedoch muss ich gute Noten bekommen. Moechten Sie mit mir sprechen?
    Was will du spater sein? Warum willst du Deutsch studieren?

Ich wollte in Deutschland studieren aber ich habe was ich wollte gehabt in England, also ich werde in England nachstest Jahr studieren....

PS : sagt man "in Deutschland oder im Deutschland studieren?:confused: )

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 18, 2013

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.