The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

To be honest I don't know what I'm using. On my desktop it says "Mozilla firefox" whatever this means. My husband is in charge with the hardware and all the technical stuff. If I have to, I fight my way through, but apart from that I'm not very interessted in technical things. If I concentrate hard I even manage to handle my mobile phone, bad enough that I have one. I guess I really am an older person. I do make exeptions and I'm enthusiastic about the possibilities offered by the internet, but I'm far away from using all it's options.
generalebriety
*gähnt*

Gott, ich langweile mich schon seit Wochen. Ich hab gar keine Arbeit gemacht, fast keine Freunde gesehen, und ehrlich gesagt hab ich die Schnauze voll. Das einzige, was ich in diesen Ferien geschafft habe, ist, dass ich fahren gelernt habe. Am Freitag ist die Theorieprüfung, und ich will alles bestanden haben, bevor ich mal wieder nach Cambridge zurückkehre. Na ja, wenn es nur so einfach wäre.

Hi generalebriety,
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to pass the driving test.
I did my drivers license in the US. We've spent 9 months there. I had to pass the written test first and then I was allowed to drive with someone having a valid drivers license sitting next to me. So I was zig-zagging all around Denver for half a year to learn how to drive. When I felt ready I signed up for the driving test. I had to demonstrate my driving skills to a local policeman. 20 minutes later I received my license. Compared to the situation here in Germany the test was easier and above all at a much much lower price. If I remember correctly it did cost about $15. Back in Germany I applied for the German driving license and "Die Fahrerlaubnis wurde aufgrund der amerikanischen Fahrerlaubnis gemäss § blabla erteilt." Ha! lucky me(?), I never had to pass a German driving test.
Reply 3662
Excalibur
Hmm, die Umlaute sehen sondarbar aus... jedoch ist das wahrscheinlich nur wegen meines Computers.

Danke! Ja, ich freue mich sehr darauf, obwohl ich gleichzeitig ein bisschen ängstlich bin. Hast du angefangen, alles zu kaufen und zu bereiten? Ich muss so viele Dinge kaufen aber ich freue mich, dass ich nicht selbst kochen muss - es macht alles ganz einfacher. :p:

Ja, es gibt momentan ein paar Probleme mit den Umlaute und tatsächlich mit alle fremde Schriften:frown:

Oooh, ich auch! Ich habe ein College gewählt wo ich nichts für 4 Jahren (ich glaube) kochen muss! 4 Jahren ohne gute Essen würde mir das Leben zur Hölle gemacht!:p:

Morgen besuche ich Durham mit eine Freundin, und ich habe vor ein paar Bücher (und ohne Zwiefel einzige Klamotten für die Party des Frischlings) zu kaufen aber ich weiß nichts genau im Moment welche Unterrichtseinheiten ich machen wird, weil ich nur 6 machen kann; deshalb es wäre eine gute Idee wenn ich nur eine Grammatikbuch käufte:yes: Hast du Pläne nach Cambridge bevor den Semesteranfang zu fahren?:smile:
omg, my dissertation is finally finished:biggrin: ! Sorry, I have an overwhelming urge to shout it out :wink: And now I can at last enjoy the free time left
Hi Didi Kule,

Congratulations!!!!!!! I imagine you grinning from ear to ear. Enjoy it!!!
yeah, I am, thx btw:smile: I have a question for you guys, do you know some really good german rap songs? I know the famous ones like Bushido and Sido and so on. But I like get to know some different styles and different opinions on various artists :smile:
Reply 3666
Didi Kule
yeah, I am, thx btw:smile: I have a question for you guys, do you know some really good german rap songs? I know the famous ones like Bushido and Sido and so on. But I like get to know some different styles and different opinions on various artists :smile:

Herzlichen glueckwunsch!

:O Du magst Deutche Rap???? Ich habe noch nie jemanden getroffen der sido und bushido mag! Leider kenne ich keine anderen rapper :/

Ich gehe heute nach London, wo ich bei meiner kusine wohnen werde bis ich eine arbeit finde :eek:
wtid
Herzlichen glueckwunsch!

:O Du magst Deutche Rap???? Ich habe noch nie jemanden getroffen der sido und bushido mag! Leider kenne ich keine anderen rapper :/

Ich gehe heute nach London, wo ich bei meiner kusine wohnen werde bis ich eine arbeit finde :eek:

thx :smile: Wieso findest du das merkwürdig, dass ich Rapmusik mag? Ich glaube, dass die in Deutschland sogar sehr beliebt ist, und ich mag Deutschland => ich mag dann auch Rap :yep: und jetzt ernst, in Deutschland war mein Nachbar im Wohnheim ein Rapper, der also für sich selbst Lyrics schrieb und dann die Lieder dann auch aufnahm, war echt noch cool die anzuhören :smile: Ich mag eigentlich fast alle deutsche Musik, Rap, fettes Brot, Culcha Candela, Lützenkirchen, deutsche Schlagermusik und sogar Dj Ötzi (aber der ist Österreicher glaube ich :rolleyes: )

Was für eine Arbeit suchst du? Auf jeden Fall viel Spass dann
I don't like German Rap. Look for Max Raabe on youtube, this is something completely different.
I asked my son. He named Fischmop, Maeckes und Plan B, 1 2 (gefährliches Halbwissen) und K.I.Z., but don't ask me, I don't have a clue.
What music do you like Grizzlybär? and thx for the hints, I will definitely check them out :smile:
Creedence Clearwater Rivival, Klaus Nomi, Simply Red, Simon and Garfunkel,
definitely Klassische Musik, ähm I have to go and look who is it: Friedemann-Saitensprung..
I listen to all kinds of music and often don't even know the interpreter. When i was youger I was a big Beatles fan and John Lennon of course
Max Raabe ist super!:biggrin: Ist das ein Orchester? Denn manchmal fühlt es an wie ein Komikerensemble
Reply 3673
grizzlybär
Creedence Clearwater Rivival, Klaus Nomi, Simply Red, Simon and Garfunkel,
definitely Klassische Musik, ähm I have to go and look who is it: Friedemann-Saitensprung..
I listen to all kinds of music and often don't even know the interpreter. When i was youger I was a big Beatles fan and John Lennon of course

Just to let you know, we don't say "interpreter", that's basically a translator. Someone who makes a song is called the "artist" :smile:.
Was heißt "insektensiedlung" auf Englisch?
SpiritedAway
Was heißt "insektensiedlung" auf Englisch?

Colony(?) of insects. So, I guess some sort of infestation, or a place where insects live.
generalebriety
Colony(?) of insects. So, I guess some sort of infestation, or a place where insects live.

right okay. that's what i thought but didn't think it'd make much sense. but i guess it does if i think about it :/
wtid
Just to let you know, we don't say "interpreter", that's basically a translator. Someone who makes a song is called the "artist" :smile:.

Thanks,
I had the German "Interpret" in mind. Fix the ending, pronounce in English, et voila. Like the guy, who went to the greengrocery and asked for a "gurk" (he pronounced it like girl) nobody knew what he meant so he discribed it:
those slender green vegetables (shows with hands) - ah!! you mean a cucumber
grizzlybär
Thanks,
I had the German "Interpret" in mind. Fix the ending, pronounce in English, et voila. Like the guy, who went to the greengrocery and asked for a "gurk" (he pronounced it like girl) nobody knew what he meant so he discribed it:
those slender green vegetables (shows with hands) - ah!! you mean a cucumber

:laugh: that's like my friend during her french oral. she couldn't remember what the word 'train ticket' was in french, so she just said "l'train ticket' in a french accent :/
Accents are always funny :yep: I'm not sure if I can post this here, but check this link http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=xq8IqZXy1s8 But I'm not saying that my accent is that much better :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending