Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by grizzlybär)
    Thanks for the corrections!
    cook a meal and boil the water, I know that, same with any and some,
    too stupid, when I'm writing without thinking, those mistakes happen and worse I'm afraid.
    I don't know lapsang souchong, is it a type of green tea? Do you call it "green tea" the unfermented one I mean. Why shamefully, I have about the same amount of different tea types for every imaginable occasion, even chamomille.
    Most tea drinker I know hate it, it reminds them of illness and infirmary.
    Well, mostly I drink it when I'm not feeling well. Chamomille or fennel.
    I also like peppermint. And black tea, the compulsary cup of Early Grey.
    And I always add a little bit of sugar to my tea. I hardly ever do that to my coffee. Only when I reheat it in the microwave oven with lots of milk in it.
    I hate the taste coffee gets when put into a thermal jug for too long and I haven't even thought about putting tea into one.
    Oh my, I should be learning, but I'm in no mood for learning at all.
    No, lapsang souchong is a type of black tea. One of the few Chinese black teas.
    I have about 20 different teas: quite a few green teas (mostly Chinese, but I have two or three Japanese ones as well), several types of oolong, three types of darjeeling, two types of Earl Grey (one green, one black), an interesting oolong/darjeeling blend and a very nice assam. And some herbal tea, but they don't really count as tea. They all need to be made in a slightly different way, though, so I don't just have one fixed tea-making routine. But I like tea and I'm quite fussy about it, because you can actually notice a difference in taste (coffee is far less delicate in that respect; as long as the coffee itself is good it's hard to make the result taste bad, whereas with tea that's entirely possible).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Couple of mistakes corrected.

I wouldn't call myself a "tea addict", so to speak, but I do like the odd cup of tea. Shamefully, I have about 17 types of tea on my shelf at the moment, and barely drink them. I do like lapsang souchong, and am also a fan of peppermint tea, and for these I typically use my teapot (which is far too big to contain any sensible quantity of tea, but thankfully I have cups of a comparable size), but most of the time I'll just drink "normal" tea and don't bother with the teapot. The water in Cambridge is quite hard, though, so the tea goes quite scummy unless you filter the water (which I can't be bothered to do).
    Und du bezeichnest dich als einen Student? :tongue:

Ich mag Tee nicht so gerne. Alle Deutschen Leute (oder die Familie von Friederike) denken, dass ich komisch bin, weil ich kein Tee mag. Die einzige Tee, den ich mag, war einer, den ich in Indien, probiert habe. Wir haben das in einer Teeplantage probiert, und ich glaube, dass es so viel Zucker hatte, und ich es nur deshalb mochte :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    It's 'der Tee' and you did correctly when writing "... den ich mag, war einer, den ich in ...If it were "die Tee", it should have been "...die ich mag, war eine, die ich in ..."
    I have no preference for any kind of beverage, it depends on the time of day or the mood I'm in.
    Sometimes I do not rest until I have my cup of cacao. The same with wine and beer, but I don't like those mixed drinks with coke in it. My toenails get frizzy when red wine gets spoilt with coke.
    They do that over here, even with beer, uarg! it hurts my bavarian soul.
    But I remember spending an evening with drinking something called "sex on the beach", (which I did not have), it hardly tasted of alcohol, all sweet and smooth what I don't remember is how I got into my bed. So be aware of those sweet and smooth things, they knock you over and you don't even realize it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grizzlybär)
    It's 'der Tee' and you did correctly when writing "... den ich mag, war einer, den ich in ...If it were "die Tee", it should have been "...die ich mag, war eine, die ich in ..."
    I have no preference for any kind of beverage, it depends on the time of day or the mood I'm in.
    Sometimes I do not rest until I have my cup of cacao. The same with wine and beer, but I don't like those mixed drinks with coke in it. My toenails get frizzy when red wine gets spoilt with coke.
    They do that over here, even with beer, uarg! it hurts my bavarian soul.
    But I remember spending an evening with drinking something called "sex on the beach", (which I did not have), it hardly tasted of alcohol, all sweet and smooth what I don't remember is how I got into my bed. So be aware of those sweet and smooth things, they knock you over and you don't even realize it.
    Ja, ein bloeder Fehler :redface:

Ich mag auch Bier und Wein nicht, aber ich trinke Alcohol nicht so oft. Die einzigen Alcohole, die ich mag sind, Whisky mit Cola, Tia Maria, Bailies und Cidre, aber wie ich gesagt habe, ich trinke sie nicht so oft. Cocktails, andererseits, sind immer lecker!

ReputationRep:
    Ich war noch einmal die einzige Person, die Deutsch und Musik zusammenstudieren will, in Nottingham heute.

Grr

Der deutsche Kurs hat mir gefallen aber ich moechte nicht bei Nottingham studieren... der Campus gefaellt mir nicht.

Studiert irgendjemand bei Nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    Aww!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosamund123)
    Ich war noch einmal die einzige Person, die Deutsch und Musik zusammenstudieren will, in Nottingham heute.

Grr

Der deutsche Kurs hat mir gefallen aber ich moechte nicht bei Nottingham studieren... der Campus gefaellt mir nicht.

Studiert irgendjemand bei Nottingham?
    Ich hab dort 2003-2004 studiert...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wir hatten doch neulich davon gesprochen, daß in Deutschland die ZVS zu so etwas ähnlichem wie UCAS umgebaut werden soll... Heute früh bin ich über einen Artikel gestolpert, der ein bißchen genauer darlegt, wie das ganze dann funktionieren soll. Unter anderem, indem man sicherstellt, daß sich niemand für mehr als 12 Studienplätze bewirbt. Und das soll ein Fortschritt sein???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobnob)
    I have [...]a very nice assam.
    I'm sorry, but it had to be done.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, 20 teas is very impressive. Is there a kind of 'Master of Tea' qualification you can evetnually go in for? ie. to identify region / blend by tasting blind? I still can't quite believe in the "Master of Wine".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da Bachtopus)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Da Bachtopus)
    Trust you to find an innuendo in a paragraph about tea.:tongue:
    Actually, 20 teas is very impressive. Is there a kind of 'Master of Tea' qualification you can evetnually go in for? ie. to identify region / blend by tasting blind? I still can't quite believe in the "Master of Wine".
    None that I'm aware of. Not in the UK, anyway; I'm fairly sure something along those lines exists in China, but I doubt it'll be an academic qualification.
    I know how Chinese and Japanese tea ceremonies work, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    Ich hab dort 2003-2004 studiert...

Interessant! hat es dir gefallen? was hast du studiert?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosamund123)
    Interessant! hat es dir gefallen? was hast du studiert?
    Offensichtlicht nicht :p: Ich studierte Deutsch und Philosophie. Ich war aber gar nicht zufrieden - mit dem Kurs, und den Leuten eigentlich.

ReputationRep:
    Wir hatten doch neulich davon gesprochen, daß in Deutschland die ZVS zu so etwas ähnlichem wie UCAS umgebaut werden soll... Heute früh bin ich über einen Artikel gestolpert, der ein bißchen genauer darlegt, wie das ganze dann funktionieren soll. Unter anderem, indem man sicherstellt, daß sich niemand für mehr als 12 Studienplätze bewirbt. Und das soll ein Fortschritt sein???
    Ich fänds schöner, wenn das in Deutschland alles ein bisschen mehr "competitve" wäre... Und das ist mit 12 Bewerbungen ja wohl kaum der Fall:rolleyes: Aber sollen sie machen, was sie wollen, ich bin ja erstmal weg:tongue:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Meela)
    Ich fänds schöner, wenn das in Deutschland alles ein bisschen mehr "competitve" wäre...
    Hmm, was meinst du damit?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Heute Nacht wird meine Austausch Partnerin kommen :woo:.

ReputationRep:
    Guten abend everyone!

I was wondering if anyone had a list of german verbs that take sein in the present perfect tense? So far I only have 16, there must be more than that?

Any ideas anyone?
    Danke schön!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, was meinst du damit?:confused:
    Ich mag nicht, dass es in Deutschland alles so lasch ist.
    Mal abgesehen von Medizin, Psychologie, Pharmazie und Bauingenieurwesen gibt es kaum hohe NCs, es gibt unheimlich viele Langzeitstudenten und Leute, die irgendwas studieren, weil ihnen nichts besseres eingefallen ist.
    Wahrscheinlich ist competitive auch das falsche Wort dafür, aber mir ist in dem Moment nichts besseres eingefallen.
    Bei UCAS und dem System hat es mir einfach besser gefallen, dass du dich nur für fünf Unis bewerben konntest, deine Motivation darlegen musstest etc.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by keesy soze)
    Guten abend everyone!

I was wondering if anyone had a list of german verbs that take sein in the present perfect tense? So far I only have 16, there must be more than that?

Any ideas anyone?
    Danke schön!
    Off the top of my head:

abbleiben
    abfallen
    abhauen
    abschweifen
    abspringen
    abstürzen
    anecken
    anfallen
    angehen
    anspringen
    aufbleiben
    auffahren
    auffallen
    aufschrecken
    aufspringen
    aufstehen
    ausbleiben
    ausfallen
    ausgehen
    ausrasten
    Can't do any more, sorry (my brain hurts), but there are a lot more. Certainly more than 16, as you can see.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 18, 2013

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.