Turn on thread page Beta

German learners' society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is this right "Hier habe ich auf den neusten Stand gebrachte Version meiner mündliche Prüfung Präsentation:" it doesn't sounds right
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    Is this right "Hier habe ich auf den neusten Stand gebrachte Version meiner mündliche Prüfung Präsentation:" it doesn't sounds right
    :confused:
    Sorry, what are you trying to say there?

ReputationRep:
    Here I have the updated version of my oral exam presentation.

I left my dictionary at home and so I was relying on dict.cc for "updated version". It gave me that but I wasn't too sure.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Here I have the updated version of my oral exam presentation.

I left my dictionary at home and so I was relying on dict.cc for "updated version". It gave me that but I wasn't too sure.
    Ah. I'd say it should be something along the lines of "Hier ist die überarbeitete Fassung meines Referats für die mündliche Prüfung."

ReputationRep:
    ah, thank you ^^

ReputationRep:
    German orals in 2 weeks, oop.

ReputationRep:
    my first oral is on the 4th. :puke:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck I have an oral exam on the 13th.

ReputationRep:
    good luck too. i think i'll be ok as long as nothing on environment or politics comes up

ReputationRep:
    good luck too. i think i'll be ok as long as nothing on environment or politics comes up
    Can you try and steer the discussion if that happens? I'm hoping to do that if my lecturer asks me about a political topic I don't know much about.

ReputationRep:
    how could i do that?

ReputationRep:
    how could i do that?
    I suppose if the environment came up you could mention how big an issue it is right now and then talk about how it relates to figures like Angela Merkel and talk about her. Or say something like, this is one issue in Germany right now and talk about another issue.

ReputationRep:
    ah, thank you

ReputationRep:
    ah, thank you
    Welcome! I was trying to figure out how to do it myself because I don't wanna have to deal with anything EU and Germany related!

ReputationRep:
    No. In fact, there are too many topics I really don't want to come up. My problem isn't that I don't have an opinion or that I don't understand, my problem lies in that I don't know how to express my opinion in German for some things. Like for example when we were having a debate about capital punishment, I really wanted to say something good on it, but I really didn't know the German to express myself.

ReputationRep:
    No. In fact, there are too many topics I really don't want to come up. My problem isn't that I don't have an opinion or that I don't understand, my problem lies in that I don't know how to express my opinion in German for some things. Like for example when we were having a debate about capital punishment, I really wanted to say something good on it, but I really didn't know the German to express myself.
    Gah I hate when that happens! I'm worried about that for my exam because I'll have to write another commentary. I guess the answer is vocab learning but I can't be bothered

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, vocab training for me. I'm making mindmaps of vocab for each topic :teeth:.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, vocab training for me. I'm making mindmaps of vocab for each topic :teeth:.
    Go you! Sounds like a really useful idea.

ReputationRep:
    It is for me. Let's just see if I can remember half of this stuff come exam date. I am confident enough with my AS speaking. Just not with my A2

ReputationRep:
    It is for me. Let's just see if I can remember half of this stuff come exam date. I am confident enough with my AS speaking. Just not with my A2
    I have AS and A2 as well, double the work. Bad times.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 18, 2013

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.