Turn on thread page Beta

German learners' society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yay! I had my German AS Listening, Reading & Writing paper yesterday (WJEC) and I think it went okay - my strongest subjects came up, and the essay topics were brilliant (I'll have failed it now). Now I only have to do German for fun for the next month or so.

Oh, does anyone know if 'Sie haben dicker Geld' makes sense? I wrote it in my essay, and I'm not sure whether it actually makes sense

Good luck to anyone that still have exams coming up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Yay! I had my German AS Listening, Reading & Writing paper yesterday (WJEC) and I think it went okay - my strongest subjects came up, and the essay topics were brilliant (I'll have failed it now). Now I only have to do German for fun for the next month or so.

Oh, does anyone know if 'Sie haben dicker Geld' makes sense? I wrote it in my essay, and I'm not sure whether it actually makes sense

Good luck to anyone that still have exams coming up!
    How did you find the listening? Did you have Hitzefrei? I found it quite tricky tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Si_G)
    How did you find the listening? Did you have Hitzefrei? I found it quite tricky tbh
    Is this WJEC new spec? The listening was about a website where pupils could give their teachers grades...

ReputationRep:
    Is this WJEC new spec? The listening was about a website where pupils could give their teachers grades...
    No this is the old one, because i'm doing A2 and AS in one year. I was actually quite annoyed because on all the past papers the topic was a common one like holidays or drugs. Maybe we did it at different times? My reading one was about the website thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Si_G)
    No this is the old one, because i'm doing A2 and AS in one year. I was actually quite annoyed because on all the past papers the topic was a common one like holidays or drugs. Maybe we did it at different times? My reading one was about the website thing.
    The topics that came up in the GN2 paper (listening, reading & writing in one paper) were: the school website-thing, some cycling tour/hobbies and young people who don't smoke/drink/take drugs - had an awesome essay title, that I could actually write about (some of the past papers had horrible essays).

Urgh, I hate the holiday topic - I'm rubbish at it.

ReputationRep:
    The topics that came up in the GN2 paper (listening, reading & writing in one paper) were: the school website-thing, some cycling tour/hobbies and young people who don't smoke/drink/take drugs - had an awesome essay title, that I could actually write about (some of the past papers had horrible essays).

Urgh, I hate the holiday topic - I'm rubbish at it.
    oh really i mean i was annoyed because they're easier topics than 'Hitzefrei' which isn't even a topic in the WJEC AS topic list. Hopefully everyone else who did the same exam found it hard though. But yeah the other topic on our GN2 was about a skateboarder who got sponsored and stuff, that was okay apart one really awkward question and the question where you had to answer in Egnlish wasn't that clear.

For GR3 we had about a website students had made about schools, then about a telephone helpline for teenagers and the last one wasssss about some Fun day museum park thing lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Si_G)
    oh really i mean i was annoyed because they're easier topics than 'Hitzefrei' which isn't even a topic in the WJEC AS topic list. Hopefully everyone else who did the same exam found it hard though. But yeah the other topic on our GN2 was about a skateboarder who got sponsored and stuff, that was okay apart one really awkward question and the question where you had to answer in Egnlish wasn't that clear.

For GR3 we had about a website students had made about schools, then about a telephone helpline for teenagers and the last one wasssss about some Fun day museum park thing lol.
    Personally, I hate taking exams with WJEC... And 'Hitzefrei' - I just looked it up, I wouldn't have know what that was about, so probably a lot of people found it hard.

ReputationRep:
    What were you trying to say?

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I hate taking exams with WJEC... And 'Hitzefrei' - I just looked it up, I wouldn't have know what that was about, so probably a lot of people found it hard.
    Yeah that's what I'm counting on if i still have a hope of getting an A. Need a B overall for A level. My essay question was really kind, it was 'you spend a year after your A levels travelling through germ/aus/swz. when would you go first and why?'
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Oh, does anyone know if 'Sie haben dicker Geld' makes sense?
    What were you trying to say? I'm not too sure it does make sense. Perhaps in context it'll be fine, but I can't pin down what you mean here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Si_G)
    Yeah that's what I'm counting on if i still have a hope of getting an A. Need a B overall for A level. My essay question was really kind, it was 'you spend a year after your A levels travelling through germ/aus/swz. when would you go first and why?'
    See, our essay questions were always like, "Was für Probleme erleben Ausländer in Deutschland? Mit welchem Erfolg
    kämpfen die Ausländer und die Deutschen dagegen?" (that was my essay question ^^) or "Welche Nachteile oder Probleme gibt es für Deutschland als Mitglied der
    EU? Begründen Sie Ihre Antwort." which I was a bit like :indiff: when I first saw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    What were you trying to say? I'm not too sure it does make sense. Perhaps in context it'll be fine, but I can't pin down what you mean here.
    'They have more money' - I read something like that in a past paper, but I'm worried that I've written something that makes very little sense :rolleyes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    'They have more money' - I read something like that in a past paper, but I'm worried that I've written something that makes very little sense :rolleyes:
    I think just "sie haben mehr Geld" would've done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    I think just "sie haben mehr Geld" would've done.
    Yeah, that's what I was after, but I forgot the word for 'more' - I really hate exams. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's what I was after, but I forgot the word for 'more' - I really hate exams. Thanks.
    I forgot the word for "open" in mine and I conjugated "gelten" and "man gelt" despite knowing that it should be "man gilt". I got out of the exam and thought, "oh ********!" I think at this stage I just have to hope that I got other questions right, well enough to at least get me a D. I have yet to get through another listening/reading exam in a few weeks, but this time I have translation exercises :eek3:.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    That would probably have been "****e", which is a colloquial way of saying "loads of". There are no comparative or superlative forms of that, though, so "dicker" is wrong. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobnob)
    That would probably have been "****e", which is a colloquial way of saying "loads of". There are no comparative or superlative forms of that, though, so "dicker" is wrong. Sorry.
    Thanks - I had a feeling it was wrong... I really need to stop forgetting simple words in exams! :o:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm ich will mehr Deutsch schreiben, aber ich weiss nicht was ich schreiben kann! Ich wuerde einen A-Level Aufsatz machen, aber das ist bloed, weil Sie Recherche brauchen, und ich finde das eine Zeitverschwendung. Es ist fuer mich Irrelevant, ich muss nur ueben zu schreiben, so ich erinnere mich. Veilliecht werde ich eine Geschichte schreiben :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    If I were to say:

"Ich bin fast zwei und zwanzig jahre alt."

Would that be correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim08)
    If I were to say:

"Ich bin fast zwei und zwanzig jahre alt."

Would that be correct?
    zweiundzwanzig all one word and "Jahre" with a capital J. Otherwise fine.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.