Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    Monday!
    Don't worry, it's gonna be scary at first but once you get into it it should be ok. I'm a bit nervous about going back on Sunday and going back to work but I think it'll be ok in a few days.

(Original post by alfaranja)
    Hey, I just randomly came across this forum cuz I noticed it's about my language lol ^^*
    Just wanted to ask what this forum is actually about.. is it for German learners? Just wondering cuz it's kind of exciting to see some people who are learning German haha is it very difficult?? If yes, good luck.. I know our grammar is horrible haha;;
    This thread is for German learners, yeah. Personally I don't find German difficult and I love the grammar but I know plenty of people who'd disagree with me!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I just randomly came across this forum cuz I noticed it's about my language lol ^^*
    Just wanted to ask what this forum is actually about.. is it for German learners? Just wondering cuz it's kind of exciting to see some people who are learning German haha is it very difficult?? If yes, good luck.. I know our grammar is horrible haha;;
    Aaarg how do you live with this grammar?? Lol yeah it's pretty difficlt, but a lot of the vocab is similar to English so it's ok. I'm hoping to go to uni and do German (see sig) and then after that I'm thinking I might actually move to Germany to work there because frankly this country's going down the f'ing drain...
    Is English hard to learn btw? Never really asked anyone that before

ReputationRep:
    Monday!
    Viel Glueck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    Don't worry, it's gonna be scary at first but once you get into it it should be ok. I'm a bit nervous about going back on Sunday and going back to work but I think it'll be ok in a few days.

This thread is for German learners, yeah. Personally I don't find German difficult and I love the grammar but I know plenty of people who'd disagree with me!
    :shoot: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I love German grammar - it actually makes sense!

Anyway, does anyone know of a German language version of TSR? I've heard that there is one... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Do you want to trade place :teeth:. I am too nervous :sad:.
    ha perhaps. I'm just immersing myself in all my german books and re-watching any german dvds and tv shows that I own. Stromberg is particularly useful.. I recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of any German airlines? I am wanting to get to Greece next month and there appears to be no direct flight Surely I'm doing something wrong so maybe the airline website will help :/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Does anyone know of any German airlines? I am wanting to get to Greece next month and there appears to be no direct flight Surely I'm doing something wrong so maybe the airline website will help :/
    It'll probably be easier if you have a look at the flight schedules of your nearest available airport(s) to see whether there are any direct flights to wherever you want to go and then look at airlines. If it's a smallish airport, though, you may not be able to get direct flights to everywhere, especially if the destination airport is also quite small.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobo1234)
    :shoot: :p:
    :tongue: I love a challenge! Germany seems to be better compared to this country. I'm definitely enjoying it more than the UK.

Have you tried google.de and typing where you wanna go from and Greece? Otherwise one's I know off the top of my head are Air Berlin and German Wings.

ReputationRep:
    Germanwings, Air Berlin, Lufthansa, Condor, Tui... All of them offer direct flights to Greece.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Meela)
    Germanwings, Air Berlin, Lufthansa, Condor, Tui... All of them offer direct flights to Greece.
    But that'll be no use to her if they don't offer direct flights from that particular airport... Travelling to and from another airport in order to have a direct flight will be no cheaper than (and just as inconvenient as) changing planes.

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anyone here do German ab initio and is about to go into second year? x

ReputationRep:
    Why am I doing this again? :eek4:.
    I am so excited to go but today whilst I was packing my mum got all emotional which then made me cry :sad:. Which makes me all confused.

ReputationRep:
    Why am I doing this again? :eek4:.
    I am so excited to go but today whilst I was packing my mum got all emotional which then made me cry :sad:. Which makes me all confused.
    No offence, but from what you've posted on here your parents seem a bit over-protective. So one reason you're doing this is precisely to gain some independence and to wean them off you.

ReputationRep:
    Aaarg how do you live with this grammar?? Lol yeah it's pretty difficlt, but a lot of the vocab is similar to English so it's ok. I'm hoping to go to uni and do German (see sig) and then after that I'm thinking I might actually move to Germany to work there because frankly this country's going down the f'ing drain...
    Is English hard to learn btw? Never really asked anyone that before
    Haha ^^ I have no idea.. sometimes I really ask myself "hey how have you been able to memorize all those crazy verb forms and all this grammar **** when you were a baby??" and.. I really have no idea haha :P
    My best friend from England also struggled a lot with German when he was doing his A-levels haha
    Wow you wanna move to Germany? Cool cool, hope you'll like it ^^ have you ever been here? (right now might be an interesting time for you to come, since the famous Oktoberfest has (once again) started lol)
    English.. mmm.. no, I guess English is one of the easiest languages in the world. I'd say the only really difficult thing is the if-clauses, but even that is really simple once you understood the system. Haha I don't have any problems with English anymore really glad about that. (but took me 9 years of study to come this far haha)

ReputationRep:
    Haha ^^ I have no idea.. sometimes I really ask myself "hey how have you been able to memorize all those crazy verb forms and all this grammar **** when you were a baby??" and.. I really have no idea haha :P
    My best friend from England also struggled a lot with German when he was doing his A-levels haha
    Wow you wanna move to Germany? Cool cool, hope you'll like it ^^ have you ever been here? (right now might be an interesting time for you to come, since the famous Oktoberfest has (once again) started lol)
    English.. mmm.. no, I guess English is one of the easiest languages in the world. I'd say the only really difficult thing is the if-clauses, but even that is really simple once you understood the system. Haha I don't have any problems with English anymore really glad about that. (but took me 9 years of study to come this far haha)
    Haha well at least you got to learn it as a baby and not start when you were 13 :p: Bit disappointed that English is so easy, I always thought it'd be pretty hard to learn but ah well.
    I haven't visited Germany yet, but I'm planning a 2 week visit next summer and I really want to go to either Berlin or Munich, as apparently those are the nicest German cities. Might try and spend a day visiting the Schwarzwald too. I am DEFINITELY going to make sure I get involved in Oktoberfest during my year abroad at uni lol!
    Not to be rude and use you as a mobile dictionary, but do you happen to know what a Hauswand is? as I can't find it in the dictionary...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hmm, das kommt aber ganz darauf an, was für einen Standard man anstrebt... Sicher, es ist sehr leicht, sich die Grundlagen anzueignen, so daß man einfache Gespräche führen kann, und ganz passabel Texte lesen, die nicht allzu komplex sind. Aber das ist nicht alles, was eine Sprache ausmacht. Englisch hat ein sehr weitreichendes und vielschichtiges Vokabular und lebt von feinen Nuancen, die man auf den ersten Blick leicht übersehen kann. Und um die wirklich zu verstehen und zu beherrschen braucht man meiner Ansicht nach deutlich länger als um einfach nur die grammatikalischen Grundregeln zu verinnerlichen und ein bißchen Vokabeln zu lernen. Ehrlich gesagt halte ich Englisch mittlerweile für viel komplexer als noch mit 16.:dontknow:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Not to be rude and use you as a mobile dictionary, but do you happen to know what a Hauswand is? as I can't find it in the dictionary...
    Das Haus = house
    Die Wand = wall
    Can you guess what it is yet?:p:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It's the (outer) wall of a house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KwungSun)
    No offence, but from what you've posted on here your parents seem a bit over-protective. So one reason you're doing this is precisely to gain some independence and to wean them off you.
    No offence taken

I am back to being all excited again. :woo: I just need to change some money and go and get some new earphones.

ReputationRep:
    In comparison to Greek, your language isn't so bad to learn at all. :yep:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 18, 2013

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.