Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtid)
    Und was machst du um 10:00 Uhr? Muss du schlafen? Dresden ist schoen bei nacht und 20:00 Uhr ist nicht sooo spaet.
    Normalerweise werde ich spatzieren und die Straßen entdecken. Ja ok vielleicht ist es nicht zu spät um 20:00 aber um diese Zeit habe ich keine Lust, weil ich zu müde bin. Am Donnerstag bin ich in ein Disco gegangen mit Annikas Schwester, dir nur einen Jahr älter als mir bin aber ich war so müde von den Kindern, dass um 01:00 Uhr ich zurük zu Hause gegangen bin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    Normalerweise werde ich spatzieren gehen (i think) und die Straßen entdecken. Ja ok vielleicht ist es nicht zu spät um 20:00 aber um diese Zeit habe ich keine Lust, weil ich zu müde bin. Am Donnerstag bin ich in eine Disco gegangen mit Annikas Schwester, die nur einen Jahr älter als ich ist aber ich war so müde von den Kindern, dass ich um 01:00 Uhr ich zurük zu Hause gegangen bin.
    Ok

Just a few things I saw (bist du jetzt muede oder? )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtid)
    Ok

Just a few things I saw (bist du jetzt muede oder? )
    Danke

Sehr! Ich bit schon im Bett :p:.

ReputationRep:
    Have the clocks gone back?

Also, does anyone else iron socks because I find that quite odd and yet this family irons them :/

ReputationRep:

Also, does anyone else iron socks because I find that quite odd and yet this family irons them :/
    Not as far as I know.

I don't. My family doesn't either but my gran did (plus underwear...she was 85, who was going to see her underwear?!!).

(btw, like that you said "ich bit" in your previous post haha). Got used to the Z and Y being vice versa yet?

ReputationRep:

Not yet, it's the end of October I think.

No I don't!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by wtid)
    Not as far as I know.

I don't. My family doesn't either but my gran did (plus underwear...she was 85, who was going to see her underwear?!!).

(btw, like that you said "ich bit" in your previous post haha). Got used to the Z and Y being vice versa yet?
    That's the easiest bit, actually. It's the punctuation marks, brackets and extra signs like @, \, >, # etc which really throw you, because they're all over the place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobnob)
    That's the easiest bit, actually. It's the punctuation marks, brackets and extra signs like @, \, >, # etc which really throw you, because they're all over the place.
    The @ is the worst I find. You have to press 3 buttons to get it as far as I remember, isn't that right?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by wtid)
    The @ is the worst I find. You have to press 3 buttons to get it as far as I remember, isn't that right?
    Two. Alt Gr + Q.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobnob)
    Two. Alt Gr + Q.
    See, ridiculous...it's really awkward to reach over from alt gr to Q :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I have changed the keyboard settings to english :ninja:. It is only when I am on this thread that I use the German keyboard because then I get ßöüä buttons and also µ, but I'm not entirely sure what that's for. In fact, I'm pretty sure that it's a Greek letter :/

I've decided Vodafone are incompetant (they've also made me spell a word which I can't). My phone for whatever reason I couldn't properly use in Germany, and apparently I needed to get it unlocked to use it outside of the UK, it was supposed to be ready for today but now they need a software CD (which I never thought to bring with me so it's still back in England) and then some random cable which according to the guy at the vodafone store, I wouldn't have got with my phone because it is a UK one. I thought he meant my USB cable, but I can't think of a cable which I won't get because it's a UK one . Any thoughts? But I need to go back tomorrow (not that I will have time) and decide what we are going to do, because otherwise this has set me back 40€ and I still wouldn't be able to use my phone properlz...apparently.

Also, what does the "Einfg" and "Entf" keys means :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I have changed the keyboard settings to english :ninja:. It is only when I am on this thread that I use the German keyboard because then I get ßöüä buttons and also µ, but I'm not entirely sure what that's for. In fact, I'm pretty sure that it's a Greek letter :/

I've decided Vodafone are incompetant (they've also made me spell a word which I can't). My phone for whatever reason I couldn't properly use in Germany, and apparently I needed to get it unlocked to use it outside of the UK, it was supposed to be ready for today but now they need a software CD (which I never thought to bring with me so it's still back in England) and then some random cable which according to the guy at the vodafone store, I wouldn't have got with my phone because it is a UK one. I thought he meant my USB cable, but I can't think of a cable which I won't get because it's a UK one . Any thoughts? But I need to go back tomorrow (not that I will have time) and decide what we are going to do, because otherwise this has set me back 40€ and I still wouldn't be able to use my phone properlz...apparently.

I would have just bought a cheap o2 Loop pay as you go phone. You can get one for about 10 euros, mine was 40. Was a lot simpler than sorting out my English one.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    "Einfügen" / "Entfernen", i.e. insert and delete.

ReputationRep:

I couldn't use my phone properly here either as although it didn't need unlocking it kept cutting out during calls and freezing and then it died. It might be easier for you to get a cheap PAYG phone. Mine was 70 euros and I get free texts.

ReputationRep:
    How well-known is Wolgang Becker in Germany? He directed 'Good Bye Lenin!' but not much else. I need to know whether I should say he is quite well known in germany or if he's fairly obscure... :/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Joly)
    How well-known is Wolgang Becker in Germany? He directed 'Good Bye Lenin!' but not much else. I need to know whether I should say he is quite well known in germany or if he's fairly obscure... :/
    Never heard of him.:ninja: I don't really know that much about contemporary German film, but if he was very well-known I'd at least have recognised the name.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anything he's directed except "Good Bye Lenin!". Just had a look on IMDB.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't he a tennis player :ninja:.

Ich habe den Straßenbahn überlebt!!! (no idea of the gender, so I guessed ).
    I have decided though I dislike the S bahn and will try my best not to use it, I haven't got a clue what I'm doing so I'm sat there with the map the entire journey, and then I keep standing at the wrong side of the road .
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Isn't he a tennis player :ninja:.
    No, that would be Boris Becker.
    Wrong guess, I'm afraid, it's "die Bahn".
    I have decided though I dislike the S bahn and will try my best not to use it, I haven't got a clue what I'm doing so I'm sat there with the map the entire journey, and then I keep standing at the wrong side of the road .
    :rofl:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Deutsche Bahn. :dry:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 18, 2013

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.