Thank youuuuu.

Don't think we have an Abfallkalender....I'm in halls though

Here you go, then: link:smile:
Reply 1701
hobnob
Here you go, then: link:smile:

Ha, awesome. Thanks! :smile:
wtid
You 2 are always up quite late, aren't you :p: Especially you gembarla, doing your homework at 2am, crazy!

Billy, hast du "The German Learners Handbook" mit du/dich(?) (can you even structure a sentence like that in German?) oder ist es bei zu Hause?

Also, I forgot the thing about zu Hause/Zuhause again. Which should I use when?

Zu Hause, entschuldigung.
hobnob
Their plane was late, so they had to rush to the station and make a very rapid decision as to which train to take. (That's how I read it, anyway).

Genau. :biggrin:
Titaniyum
Hallo Leute. :smile: Ich bin seit langem hier ja nicht gekommen. :eek:

Jedenfalls wie geht's euch? Mir geht's toll, weil ich Angebote von der Universität Sheffield und der Universität Nottingham (für Deutsch und Russisch) erhalten habe. :biggrin: Sie sind bestimmt meine Lieblingsuniversitäten aber es gelingt mir leider gar nicht, zwischen den beiden zu entscheiden. Zum Glück gibt es bald die Chance, die tatsächlichen Abteilungen zu besichtigen also hoffentlich werden die Besuche mir bei der abschließenden Entscheidung helfen!

Kurz vor Weihnachten sind ich und ein Freund einen Tag lang nach Berlin gegangen (glaube, dass ich das hier schon gesagt hatte). Unsere kleine Reise war fantastisch (Berlin ist doch eine schöne Stadt) und deswegen planen wir jetzt diesen Sommer mit einer Interrailing-Karte durch Frankreich, Deutschland und vielleicht die Schweiz zu fahren. Diese Reise wird jedoch wohl viel mehr Planung benötigen! In Berlin hatten wir einige ähm.. interessante Augenblicke während wir versuchten herauszufinden, welchen Zug zu erreichen, nachdem wir aufgrund der Verspätung des Flugs zum Bahnhof gelaufen waren :p:

Ich hoffe sie klappt!

Hallo Titaniyum!! :wavey: Lange nicht gesehen! Wie geht's? Hast du Prüfungen dieser Monat? Ich habe schon eins (Statistik) letzte Woche gemacht aber habe noch drei mehr Prüfungen in den kommenden Wochen. :frown:

Glückwunsch zu den Angebote - das ist fantastisch. Ich habe Sheffield und Nottingham noch nie besucht aber habe gehört, dass sie beide sehr gut sind. Sie waren aber zu weit für mich :redface:

Ich freue mich, dass dein kleines Abenteuer in Berlin erfolgreich war. Ich nehme an, dass dein Deutsch sich sehr verbessert hat, oder? (ich bin neidisch!) Ich überlege auch über eine Interrailing-Reise in den Sommerferien, aber leider möchten weder meine Freundinnen noch meine Schwester mit mir fahren..... ich hoffe sie jedenfalls zu überzeugen!

Mach's gut!
Excalibur
Hallo Titaniyum!! :wavey: Lange nicht gesehen! Wie geht's? Hast du Prüfungen dieser Monat? Ich habe schon eins (Statistik) letzte Woche gemacht aber habe noch drei mehr Prüfungen in den kommenden Wochen. :frown:

Glückwunsch zu den Angebote - das ist fantastisch. Ich habe Sheffield und Nottingham noch nie besucht aber habe gehört, dass sie beide sehr gut sind. Sie waren aber zu weit für mich :redface:

Ich freue mich, dass dein kleines Abenteuer in Berlin erfolgreich war. Ich nehme an, dass dein Deutsch sich sehr verbessert hat, oder? (ich bin neidisch!) Ich überlege auch über eine Interrailing-Reise in den Sommerferien, aber leider möchten weder meine Freundinnen noch meine Schwester mit mir fahren..... ich hoffe sie jedenfalls zu überzeugen!

Mach's gut!

Mir geht's toll danke. :biggrin: Ja, letzte Woche hatte ich leider eine Französisch- und Englischprüfung. Ich hasse Englisch so sehr. :redface: Wenigstens sind sie jetzt ja vorbei. :biggrin: Viel Glück mit deinen restlichen Prüfungen!

Und Glückwunsch zu deinen! Ein Angebot von Cambridge! :biggrin: Du wirst es ohne Frage erreichen. :smile:

Hehe nun, wir haben doch versucht, so viel Deutsch wie möglich zu sprechen. Jedoch haben wir allerdings manche typische Deutschen getroffen, z.B. "Gibt es ein anderer Weihnachtsmarkt in der Nähe?" "Yes of course, if you go....." :redface: Die Deutschen wollen immer ihr Englisch prahlen! Zum Glück haben wir mit einigen nur auf Deutsch gesprochen :biggrin:

Du bist auch vor Weihnachten nach Deutschland gegangen, oder?

Schade. :frown: Da hast du Recht.. du musst sie überzeugen! Ich habe Glück, weil ein Freund mit mir mitkommen willst. Er hat allerdings schon viel für die Ferien vor aber hoffentlich wird er genug Geld zur Seite legen können! Zu welchen Ländern würdest du idealerweise fahren?
Reply 1706
I want to ask, for people like you Titaniyum, Excalibur and Billy (Fleece you don't get included because you live there and are half German, aren't you? :P:smile: How long does it take to write your posts? For example these last 2, kiiinda long, do you spend a while thinking and looking up words/checking grammar or does it just flow the same as you'd write English? (or rather Japanese for you Excalibur, since you're mother tongue is Japanese isn't it?).
wtid
I want to ask, for people like you Titaniyum, Excalibur and Billy (Fleece you don't get included because you live there and are half German, aren't you? :P:smile: How long does it take to write your posts? For example these last 2, kiiinda long, do you spend a while thinking and looking up words/checking grammar or does it just flow the same as you'd write English? (or rather Japanese for you Excalibur, since you're mother tongue is Japanese isn't it?).

My German is slipping quite a lot. It used to take me no time at all and now I spend a couple of minutes looking words up. Not significantly longer than any of the rest of the posts I make, but I do have to look stuff up.
Reply 1708
generalebriety
My German is slipping quite a lot. It used to take me no time at all and now I spend a couple of minutes looking words up. Not significantly longer than any of the rest of the posts I make, but I do have to look stuff up.

That's encouraging at least! I imagine you as some God who speaks as a native with no problem whatsoever.
wtid

It definitely takes me longer to write posts in German as I do have to look the odd word up and have to think about what I'm saying/how to phrase it in German. That said, I think I can write a fairly lengthy post now quite a bit quicker than when I started posting in here (and I'd like to think there are less mistakes too :p:) so it's all great practise I guess. :biggrin:
Reply 1710
Titaniyum
It definitely takes me longer to write posts in German as I do have to look the odd word up and have to think about what I'm saying/how to phrase it in German. That said, I think I can write a fairly lengthy post now quite a bit quicker than when I started posting in here (and I'd like to think there are less mistakes too :p:) so it's all great practise I guess. :biggrin:

That's true you could be making 100 mistakes for all I know, I just assume it's all perfect!
wtid
That's encouraging at least! I imagine you as some God who speaks as a native with no problem whatsoever.

Leider nicht. :p:

I'm hoping to go back to Germany and get a job there one summer.
Reply 1712
if 'ich' comes in the middle of a sentence, does it require a capital?
Reply 1713
Teccy
if 'ich' comes in the middle of a sentence, does it require a capital?

Does ich ever require a capital, except after certain punctuation?
Ich requires a capital at the start of the sentence. (And, very rarely and not much outside philosophy books, when it's a noun - das Ich.) Not anywhere else.
Reply 1715
thanks, fleece!

wtid
You 2 are always up quite late, aren't you :p: Especially you gembarla, doing your homework at 2am, crazy!

Yeeah.. kind of crazy :biggrin: my sleeping pattern is totally reversed :redface:
At this minute I´m starting to do my homework...Biology and Spanish...:s-smilie: a LITTLE unmotivated...
anybody awake to distract me? :biggrin:

edit:
I have a question, how do you use the board/forum (?) ?
For me it is a little confusing and unclear, I´m wondering if there´s any function to see the last posts since my last stay? Because I only see a few posts (10) when I click on "My Home"... Do you click on each forum and search for new posts or is there an easier way to get through?

as ever, feel free to correct :wink:
There isn't a way to see new posts, because TSR is so popular and gets tens of thousands of posts per day. You can click the "all forums" link in the top right and you'll get to a list of forums, but that's the best you can do.
Reply 1717
Okay...thought so..sad, but thanks =)

edit: 3:35 am... Spanish overran its time... 1:35 hours only for Spanish, I gave up Biology... think in my previous life I was bat or something.. :biggrin: tired. bye =D
Reply 1718
generalebriety
Ich requires a capital at the start of the sentence. (And, very rarely and not much outside philosophy books, when it's a noun - das Ich.) Not anywhere else.

I have to use "das lyrische Ich" almost every day here :biggrin:
Reply 1719
Fleece
I have to use "das lyrische Ich" almost every day here :biggrin:

Germanisten!:rolleyes:

:p:

Latest

Trending

Trending