Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I graduated in 2015 with a first class law degree from a top welsh university... but I'm STILL uncertain as to what career I want to pursue. I had very little legal experience in uni (through my own mistake) and I'm finding it extremely difficult to find any sort of legal related work.

I am 100% determined to go back to uni to take either the lpc or bptc. I'd just like to hear what some of you think my next steps should be before I make that final decision?

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. I am determined to put the past behind me and make a positive start to a legal career, but a little advice would help put my mind at ease!

ReputationRep:
    Follow your heart.

What do you want to do? Then take the necessary steps to achieve it.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You need to make your mind up about which branch you want. I would either do normal research or make extra effort to get the experience i.e travel and cast your net wider. I'm surprised you cant get any. How hard have you tried? Until you decide then you can't focus on where to get funding from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunq)
    Follow your heart.

What do you want to do? Then take the necessary steps to achieve it.
    Thanks for the reply! My head tells me to do the LPC and my heart tells me to do the bptc. My gut tells me nothing!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Removed.
    Sometimes you have to make a choice and go for it.
    If you arent in that position, then get the things you need to put yourself where you need to be.
    GL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You need to make your mind up about which branch you want. I would either do normal research or make extra effort to get the experience i.e travel and cast your net wider. I'm surprised you cant get any. How hard have you tried? Until you decide then you can't focus on where to get funding from.
    Thanks for the reply. I have probably learnt more about the legal profession since I've graduated than what I had learnt during my time at uni. Crazy I know. I have tried particularly hard in different areas of law - but also in different firms ranging from Swansea to Cardiff and Newport with no luck (lack of "relevant" experience being the main downfall). Appreciate your reply a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swanlaw)
    Thanks for the reply! My head tells me to do the LPC and my heart tells me to do the bptc. My gut tells me nothing!
    Like you said, go for bptc. Because you will regret not going with what your heart says in the future.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.