Turn on thread page Beta

I'm in a relationship but falling for someone else? watch

I've been with my boyfriend for over a year now but found out in June that he'd still been sleeping with his ex at the start of the relationship. I broke up with him, but a week or so later began to rekindle everything and he said he would genuinely change. He has been amazing ever since and I'm so so happy with him, I've never met anyone who I get along with as much as him!
    During summer I'd been working away and occasionally worked with a guy who I really hit it off with. Once we got talking I found out that he was studying at the uni I'd applied for. Turns out that I got in and I'd more than likely see him at some point. I'd seen him on a couple of nights out, he'd buy me a drink and we'd chat but I thought nothing of it and was even trying to set him up with my flatmate.
    The last night out I went on he was coincidentally in the queue behind me (which was taking forever) so asked me and my friends if we wanted to go with his friends somewhere else. We did and I ended up getting very drunk after he bought most of my drinks. My friends went home early which left me with him and his friends where they teased me about how he talks about me all the time (I was actually quite surprised at how much one of his friends knew about me). Anyway as the night went on I pretty much blacked out because I'd drank so much. But I do remember kissing him, and I'm so scared because I genuinely don't regret it and I think I like him. We haven't spoken since it happened and I told my boyfriend what I did as soon as I got back. I feel like I did it to hurt him because I got hurt so much when he cheated on me. After we spoke about it he wants to forgive and forget what I did.
    I get so excited when my boyfriend comes to visit me at uni, and he's coming to see me for a whole week! Usually I can't wait but I'm so confused with how I feel. I love my boyfriend but these feelings I have for someone else are scaring me and it's all I can think about!
    Please please please someone help me, I don't want to lose my boyfriend but these feelings won't go away.

ReputationRep:
    It's very likely these feelings are just infatuation. You don't have to act immediately - give it some time and see where it goes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but you got back with a guy who had been sleeping with someone else from the start of your relationship? Maybe it's just me but I'd never ever consider getting back with a guy who did that. I'd tell him to shove it if he asked me out again.

You say that you're happy and he says he'll change, do you know that for sure or not? How do you know he's not sleeping with someone else now?

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad you guys managed to work things out so far. Kudos to you!

You seem like you want to maintain your relationship. In that case you have 2 options I'd say. Either avoid the other guy (a lack of social interaction would probably wear those feelings away lol) or tell your bf about your feelings and work it out with him. The latter is probably the best thing to do as avoiding the other guy would be quite hard (seeing as you're at the same uni).

ReputationRep:
    Break up with bf. Don't get with this new guy.

ReputationRep:
    Break up with old and get into a relationship with new guy because if you loved the first one, you would not have fallen for the second one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I say don't be in any relationship right now and take some time out to be by yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.