Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What's the nightlife and social at Aston like?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Gozblack)
    What's the nightlife and social at Aston like?
    Hi!

Nightlife at Aston and in Birmingham as a city is amazing! I graduated from Aston last year and live in Birmingham so I can speak from experience. The Student Union organise loads of different events at b4 bar (Aston's student bar) so if you want to stay on campus, you have that option. For more information on events at the student union, check out this link: http://www.aston.ac.uk/union/events/affiliate-events/

There is also Gosta pub located on campus which holds an amazing student night every Monday! The number one spot to go to for clubbing in Birmingham would be broad street, there you will get most of Birmingham's clubs on one road and it isn't far from campus at all! There is a variety of clubs, suitable for everyone!

Nikita

ReputationRep:
    Current first year student- you are in the city centre and the nightlife is great, there are many different places to go. The social life is also good as people living round each other will do things together, I'm in a sports club and all the sports have a weekly night out. It's so fun compared to rural places or towns (my college was rural ). Freshers week gets you into the nightlife for sure. Birmingham is one of he best places to be.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Broad street is always a good night out

ReputationRep:
    B4 Bar (Student's Union) and Gosta are good if you want to stay on campus. With Aston being in the city centre it's quite easy to get to Broad St (where most of the clubs are). If you're more of a pub/bar goer then New Street (The Botanist, Post Office Vaults, Bacchus), Jewellery Quarter (Lord Clifden) and Moseley (Prince of Wales) have loads of decent places for that.

You're in Birmingham's city centre so there really are so many good places to choose from

ReputationRep:
    Really good. Campus is pretty much in the city centre. Gosta Green/Arcadian/Broad St/Gay Village/City centre bars/pubs are all within 10-15 mins walking, depending on your taste!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Aston University
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.