Turn on thread page Beta

What does this mean? watch

so some guy goes to me 'your popular among the boys'

the boys means like his big group of friends that all hang out together that consists of about 50 boys.

I said to him 'what' bc i didnt understand/hear him properly and he goes doesnt matter and brushed it off... so it cant have been something good?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It means you're popular among the boys. It means exactly what it means; they may like you or maybe they just think you're a cool person. Nevertheless, overthinking comments like these isn't good.

ReputationRep:
    R u a grill?

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    R u a grill?
    what kind of a question is that lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    what kind of a question is that lol
    Think she meant girl instead of "grill".

(Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Think she meant girl instead of "grill".
    R u a grill?
    (Original post by UWS)
    It means you're popular among the boys. It means exactly what it means; they may like you or maybe they just think you're a cool person. Nevertheless, overthinking comments like these isn't good.
    oh i forgot to add im female.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, he might be implicitly saying that he thinks you're slutty, or something along those lines :/

Hmm, he might be implicitly saying that he thinks you're slutty, or something along those lines :/
    really. what makes you think that :eek:

ReputationRep:
    really. what makes you think that :eek:
    If someone says "you're really popular among the boys" and then walks off rudely, considering the fact that you're a girl, it sort of implies something along those lines. What tone of voice did he use?

If someone says "you're really popular among the boys" and then walks off rudely, considering the fact that you're a girl, it sort of implies something along those lines. What tone of voice did he use?
    no no me and him was hanging out. he was being really flirty with me and then he said 'you know, your very popular among the boys' i said 'whaat?' and he said 'doesnt matter'

ReputationRep:
    they meant this
    http://i.imgur.com/QD8j7OS.jpg

ReputationRep:
    so some guy goes to me 'your popular among the boys'

the boys means like his big group of friends that all hang out together that consists of about 50 boys.

I said to him 'what' bc i didnt understand/hear him properly and he goes doesnt matter and brushed it off... so it cant have been something good?

It means the "boys" have engaged in conversation [likely multiple times] about what they want to "do" to you...

they meant this
    http://i.imgur.com/QD8j7OS.jpg
    really

ReputationRep:
    really
    probably, just ignore it, they sound salty

(Original post by ANM775)
    It means the "boys" have engaged in conversation [likely multiple times] about what they want to "do" to you...
    could it also mean they find me slutty like the about users have said.

they do all find me attractive.

do boys actually do that :eek:

ReputationRep:
    do boys actually do that :eek:

If you get a large group of lads together and the subject lands on females you often tend to get a lot of "locker room" talk.

If you get a large group of lads together and the subject lands on females you often tend to get a lot of "locker room" talk.
    whats locker room talk?

ReputationRep:
    whats locker room talk?
    Essentially talking about dirty things they'd do to a girl. If you and him were hanging out, I think he was trying to engage sex with you by encouraging you to talk about why you're popular with the boys. That in turn could lead to you talking about yourself and leading to a progressively flirtatious chat.

ReputationRep:
    whats locker room talk?

lads making sexual, often crude remarks about females to each other...often said with a bit of bravodo ...which is not said in the presence of the fairer sex.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.