The Student Room Group

Physics question help??

In the question there was a velocity-time graph and it asked me to find the gradient, which was 10 m/s².
The following question states "Comment on the significance of your answer".
Im assuming that I have to say that its close to the value of g (9.81 m/s²), am I right? If not, then what do I need to say?
Original post by Enya1998
In the question there was a velocity-time graph and it asked me to find the gradient, which was 10 m/s².
The following question states "Comment on the significance of your answer".
Im assuming that I have to say that its close to the value of g (9.81 m/s²), am I right? If not, then what do I need to say?
You will need to post the entire question because there is no context for a correct answer without it.

Cardinal rule number 1 in physics - never make assumptions.
Cardinal rule number 2 - do not break cardinal rule number 1.

:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Correct, but you also need to spell out that the rate of change of velocity with time is acceleration, and then that this could be acceleration due to gravity because of its value, as you correctly imply.
With out seeing it I do not know, but I guess, since time moves like a wave, the question is referring to the velocity of time and the fluctuations in the velocity as the wave expands and contracts.
Sounds right from what you're saying, but it's kinda hard without context. :tongue:

Does it relate to an experiment? Could be linked to errors in timing (or possibly another systematic error), though it's not a hugely significant percentage error.

Quick Reply

Latest