Turn on thread page Beta

Sick of being taken advantage of! watch

People at school take advantage of me quite a lot!
    I am quite good at finding resources, even the deepest, newest ones....
    People there(including teachers) only ever talk to me mostly cuz they want something...they spend all their time studying whilst I spend some finding resources...some even got higher grades than me because of this!

Plus, sometimes, cuz I have the urge to help..I tell the without them asking me

ReputationRep:
    Finding resources? What resources? Are you some kind of dwarf? Digging gold? Be more specific, and if you're helping others get better grades than yourself, you deserved it.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You need to learn to say no.

(Original post by MasterJack)
    Finding resources? What resources? Are you some kind of dwarf? Digging gold? Be more specific, and if you're helping others get better grades than yourself, you deserved it.
    For example, if there's a new course book or so....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Learn to say no.

Say that you are busy or ask someone else.

You need to be more assertive and confidence. You need to practice these. There are plenty of resources online to help you achieve this.

Good luck

(Original post by Analyst89)
    Learn to say no.

Say that you are busy or ask someone else.

You need to be more assertive and confidence. You need to practice these. There are plenty of resources online to help you achieve this.

Good luck
    Thanks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.