The Student Room Group

Computer Programming

What programming language is the best to learn first and why?
I learnt Python first through school, then dabbled in HTML, CSS, Javascript and have finally begun to learn C# independently outside of school :biggrin:

I would recommend starting with Python because it's really simple. I've heard Ruby is easy too but I don't really have that much experience with it.

Also check out CodeCademy, that's where I learnt a lot of programming stuff :smile:
C++ i guess, it's relatively straight forward and isn't dead
C# is another useful one

If you're doing a computing course at A-Level, you should learn the one you're taught before starting another imo
Reply 3
Original post by Zargabaath
C++ i guess, it's relatively straight forward and isn't dead
C# is another useful one

If you're doing a computing course at A-Level, you should learn the one you're taught before starting another imo

I am not studying it at a-level. Computer Programming is just an interest hahaha. Thanks a lot for the comment!! :tongue:
Original post by CRA1234
I am not studying it at a-level. Computer Programming is just an interest hahaha. Thanks a lot for the comment!! :tongue:

No problem, good luck :biggrin:
Original post by CRA1234

Codecademy will definitely come is useful then to keep you on track :smile: Good luck!
I would suggest starting with python if you are new to programming, if you are wanting to study it at university then I would suggest a language like java or c# as they are generally the required languages for the courses.

Quick Reply

Latest