Is this another test of etiquette Pol? :smile:
Reply 2
yes
Reply 3
No.
Reply 4
No
Reply 5
It must be another etiquette thing :rolleyes: . Two hellishly controversial threads in a very short amount of time. Either that or he's feeling distinctly suicidal :biggrin:.

Anyway, imo yes :biggrin:.
Reply 6
Acaila
It must be another etiquette thing :rolleyes: . Two hellishly controversial threads in a very short amount of time. Either that or he's feeling distinctly suicidal :biggrin:.

Anyway, imo yes :biggrin:.

I thought Pol looked suicidal in his bath picture!
Reply 7
That's true :biggrin:
Reply 8
polthegael
"Havoc!" :rolleyes:

Depends on what subject..as well as what type of person you are...but imo...yep.

G
Reply 9
Baz and I will do a review in the not too distant future :wink:
Reply 10
no, they are the same, or at least any difference is inconsequential.
Yes, Cambridge is a lively town and much more interesting than Oxford in general.

*sarcasm alert, sarcams alert.*
Reply 12
Invisible
Yes, Cambridge is a lively town and much more interesting than Oxford in general.

*sarcasm alert, sarcams alert.*

And mirroring that comment, Oxford has produced by far the greater influence on science, philosophy and academia in general. :wink:
Reply 13
Hehe :biggrin:
Have you experienced Cam's social life bono?
Reply 14
Acaila

But 'tis the standard Oxford response: "Tabs are geeks, they have no social life. We're more balanced people". :biggrin:
Squishy
But 'tis the standard Oxford response: "Tabs are geeks, they have no social life. We're more balanced people". :biggrin:

Bono exaggerated quite a bit, but I think as a city Oxford is quite a lot better than Cambridge.
Reply 16
BazTheMoney
Bono exaggerated quite a bit, but I think as a city Oxford is quite a lot better than Cambridge.

I'd agree. Oxford is a city, Cambridge isn't much of one...still, it's the better university by most measures, and most students only spend half the year there anyway.
Squishy
I'd agree. Oxford is a city, Cambridge isn't much of one...still, it's the better university by most measures, and most students only spend half the year there anyway.

Oh yeah, only 27 weeks. And the collegiate system helps a lot, with that the city isn't as important as it is at say Mancester or Leeds.

As for being a better university, I feel that across the board Oxford is more consistence, whereas Cambridge has some really strong points and some weaker ones. They're different.
Acaila

I've been to Cambridge a fair few times, but I haven't stayed at teh uni though. I've been for other purposes - Seems really quiet. Oxford seemed much more upbeat, which is to my liking.
Reply 19
Oxford is mentioned in LSE's undergraduate prospectus, Cambridge isn't, it's as simple as that, really. Surely, neither Oxford or Cambridge can be objective in their judgments of their relative brilliance, so we need a third party, which is where LSE conveniently enough steps in as our guiding hero and proclaims Oxford as the best university. Here is the direct quote from the prospectus: "If you prefer ... the traditions of dreaming spires, then LSE will not suit you."

On a more serious note, they are both brilliant academic institutions, and I don't think that on average the students at either university are better than at the other. However, I still believe that there may be differences for individuals; one university might have a particurarly good lecturer in a subject, the course offered might be the one best suited to the student etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending