Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend. Ever calls or text between dates. watch

ReputationRep:
    I say boyfriend, we've been on a 6 dates now. He's always really happy to see me, pays for everything, arranged the next date there and then. He's discussed me meeting his parents, he's arranged a holiday together in 2 months time, I'm meeting him again on Friday at his favourite restaurant. But, he never ever texts or calls between dates. I've not slept with him yet so he's not just after one thing. He's definitely not married :-D

He text on Monday arranging for Friday but hasn't text or called since.
    My last boyfriend text several times a day for 3 years and called regularly too.

Am I thinking too much of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enilliia)
    I say boyfriend, we've been on a 6 dates now. He's always really happy to see me, pays for everything, arranged the next date there and then. He's discussed me meeting his parents, he's arranged a holiday together in 2 months time, I'm meeting him again on Friday at his favourite restaurant. But, he never ever texts or calls between dates. I've not slept with him yet so he's not just after one thing. He's definitely not married :-D

He text on Monday arranging for Friday but hasn't text or called since.
    My last boyfriend text several times a day for 3 years and called regularly too.

Am I thinking too much of it?
    1) 6 dates isn't much, not these days anyway.
    2) How old are you?
    3) Have you both decided that you're "official" then? I'm assuming so since he already wants you to meet his family?
    4) Has he been in a relationship before?
    5) calling / texting several times a day is a bit excessive, but then again not calling at all between dates isn't enough. Try to bring it up with him and aim for maybe a text / call every few days.

ReputationRep:
    how old are you both. If i was going out with someone i would be texting them all day long and vice versa. otherwise i would get fed up of the lack of communication between us.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 25 hrs 35.

ReputationRep:
    Do YOU text or call him between the dates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    how old are you both. If i was going out with someone i would be texting them all day long and vice versa. otherwise i would get fed up of the lack of communication between us.
    That depends on the personalities involved. Some couples don't want constant contact via texts or otherwise- that doesn't mean communication is being avoided, it's more about the quality and purpose of the communication and the introvert/extrovert personalities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterJack)
    That depends on the personalities involved. Some couples don't want constant contact via texts or otherwise- that doesn't mean communication is being avoided, it's more about the quality and purpose of the communication and the introvert/extrovert personalities.
    yes that is true i guess. i am generally an extrovert and chatty person.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 25 hrs 35.
    Not saying that it doesnt happen, but sounds a bit weird that you're both fully grown adults, only been on 6 dates, haven't had sex and yet already discussing meeting parents. I'd be a bit suspicious if I were you. Obviously he's quite a bit older than you as well. My alarm bells would be ringing

ReputationRep:
    It's me who doesn't want the sex. I have to be in an exclusive relationship to do that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 25 hrs 35.
    It's 10 years.
    A lot of years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Do YOU text or call him between the dates?

This.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.